HybridZ

Isn't the Z Just another Form of "Rice?"

TomoHawk

So did the Trash-cans. Er... Trans-Ams. :D

As I see it, if it was designed with the thing on there, then it belongs on there (except for the non-functional "spoilers".) That's why my Z gets the GTO treatment. It definitely WON'T look like rice after that!

but then again u can say that ur Z with a GTO bodykit is rice...

trying to make it out to be something its not.

i dont think Z's are rice, and i know a few ppl around my town that call me and my friends Ricer's because we drive 300zx's, WRX's, Altima's, and other cars that ARENT HONDUH!. smile.gif

i have respect for anything thats fast, but when some ass takes out his carpet, seats, A/C, etc etc to make his street honda family coupe a .1sec faster in the 1/4th i think its rice.

Stickers can be said as rice, but if ur sporting them cuz a shop or company is paying you or helping you out then its all good in my book.

Crazy body kits are cool to as long as you have it PAINTED FOR GOD'S SAKE!, and if it fits good too!

mike

I have pondered over this same dilemma myself. Is it rice or is it not...Conclusion; If it's Japanese, then it must be "sticky rice." However, since my is a Hybrid; then it must be "Uncle Bens" converted rice!!! LOL

In any event, it's the best of both worlds!

Comps, VAN :D

Originally posted by Datsun660Z:

I want to know if my car is Rice? logos on front fenders read 660-Z to show the size of my 6.6 liter chevy 406 stroker. by the way the tags look stock, the were made from 260-Z tags by an artist, LOOK like they came on the car from the factory.

I don't think so. You're advertising, probably in a very subtle way what the car has in it.

I had some 67 Camaro 327 emblems I was going to put on my Z, above the front side marker lights. I think it would have looked good. But a 406 is going in this Winter, so that's off...

Guest JAMIE T

My Zcar has the ORIGINAL J-SPEC body kit. ZG flares and an air dam. I've got the Fairlady Z fender mirrors too. Oh yeah, and a muffler with a 4 or 5 inch tip on it. Cool thing is, I get guys in Hondas giving me thumbs up and guys in 300ZX's giving me thumbs up. And ya know, even the Muscle car guys look twice. It gets the attention of the heavy hitter import croud mostly. One guy I remember almost crashed his Civic(all motor Integra Type R powered, REAL roll cage, and SSR compitions, he was no Ricer) trying to get a better lok at my car. With Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero(basically, Wangon Midnight in game form) on the game shelves, the early Zcars still get respect from every age group. In the game, the baddest car on the game is a Blue Zcar, ZG flares and huge rims, and 1200hp. Yeah, she bad.

Dude, No one said a wing on ANY car wouldn't work... Just not on 99% of cars out there... None of the stereo typical Racers out there are gonna hit the speeds of the car you use as an example... Lets keep it real here...

Mike

How hard do you have to corner with a car that has a top speed of what: 55 MPH? (on the highway?) flamedevil.gif

IOW, you first need to learn how to drive REALLY good before putting doodads on the car that are supposed to make it go faster (IMO, most ricers are racer wannabe's) :D

Take that from somebody who actually used to do racing (Me).

Don't get me wrong. I do believe that 90% of the wings on street cars are purely cosmetic. Not because of the speed capabilities of street cars but rather because of the poor design of the wings. Most of the wings you see on the street are made for cosmetics, not performance.

It just drives me crazy when somebody throughs out the completly wrong blanket statement "Wings serve no purpose on FWD cars."

ok i have to say my opinion is the z cars are not rice at all. now there comes a point were it can become riced. i know some of you said that riceing a car is braging about what you dont have. i want to go with this as my opinion too. i think that it is ok if you have a 302 or some v-8 of some size to put a sticker on the car saying so. if you have something flaunt it. but i also have to say its so much more fun to not put it and build a sleeper. when someone comes up next to you and wants to race to let them hear your exahust and smell your fumes and let them try and figure out what happen. at the same time i do have to say i like the look of z cars when you post some sign on your window weather it be just a datson/nissan or the size of your engin followed by a z. but it is stupid to lie about that size because you will scare away anyone you could beat. and attract everyone you cant. stay in your own leage or prepare to eat dust.

Julius

ok i have to say my opinion is the z cars are not rice at all. now there comes a point were it can become riced. i know some of you said that riceing a car is braging about what you dont have. i want to go with this as my opinion too. i think that it is ok if you have a 302 or some v-8 of some size to put a sticker on the car saying so. if you have something flaunt it. but i also have to say its so much more fun to not put it and build a sleeper. when someone comes up next to you and wants to race to let them hear your exahust and smell your fumes and let them try and figure out what happen. at the same time i do have to say i like the look of z cars when you post some sign on your window weather it be just a datson/nissan or the size of your engin followed by a z. but it is stupid to lie about that size because you will scare away anyone you could beat. and attract everyone you cant. stay in your own leage or prepare to eat dust.

Julius