HybridZ

Carbon Fiber Bumpers

Bartman

I was just looking around at MSA's web site and they now have early Z style carbon fiber bumpers.

large501753.jpg

large501752.jpg

I think they look pretty nice. I wanted to go with European chrome bumpers, but they could never get a rear face bar that looked good enough to keep (had to eventually cancel the order). I think these carbon fiber ones are actually cheaper than the chrome ones.

Man that is a sweet lookin Z car.... I really like the color scheme. Is it your's Bartman?
No, this isn't my car...these are the pic's from the MSA web site. It looks like MSA is selling quite a few carbon fiber products now including these bumpers, various front and rear spoilers, hoods, etc.

Bartman,

The carbon fiber bumpers are nice. MSA, also has the carbon fiber ZG flares, but they appear to be a bit narrow. The latest Summit catalog has a 65 or 66 Chevy on the cover with fiberglass bumpers that have been chromed. The chroming technology is really up to speed and getting the fiberglass Z bumpers chrome plated would be a viable option.

Great as they look, I'd be scared to leave my car on the street in case some numpty hit them while they parked up. I think crunchers rather than bumpers would be a slightly more appropriate name!!

Anyone got some more info on chroming up fibreglass bumpers though? That sounds like an interesting, and probably cheaper, long term option.

Cheers,

Rob