HybridZ

to all the people with Fidanza flywheels....

CarJway

Well I am almost ready to do my Turbo swap into my Z and I received my Fidanza flywheel with some issues I think. As you guys know you have to press in the alignment dowls which is no problem but when choosing the correct hole for the dowls I can only get 6 out of the 9 screws to line up. (the ones that hold down the pressure plate.) I will try to explain this as best as possible... The hole that does not line up, is the center of the three screws that are in like a series. Im sure you guys know what im talking about. I bought the Spec clutch for the 240mm flywheel and the fidanza flywheel that is for both 220 and 240mm if i am correct. So is this how the flywheel is supposed to fit? It is only going to use 6 screws insted of the 9 that line up on the stock flywheel? Any input would be very helpful.

Is it ok to use the Fidanza flywheel with a stock clutch? I thought I saw somewhere a warning saying not to use it on a "Stage I" or stock clutch, implying that a "normal" clutch wouldn't interact well with a lightened flywheel. Unless it's just their way to get you to buy a higher end clutch at the same time.

Is it ok to use the Fidanza flywheel with a stock clutch? I thought I saw somewhere a warning saying not to use it on a "Stage I" or stock clutch, implying that a "normal" clutch wouldn't interact well with a lightened flywheel. Unless it's just their way to get you to buy a higher end clutch at the same time.

I think the reason lighter sprung clutches are not recommended for use with the light flywheels are....light flywheels do allow your engine to rev quicker and are usually installed on higher horse power cars...and some people tend to slip the clutch a bit more during take-off with a light flywheel. All I can say is, it was one of the best improvements I made on my 240.