HybridZ

Need a cage bluprint

Dead Roman

My chasis is going to prison for a while for some fab and paint work(stitch welding,roll cage, and paint) Do any of you guys have a diagram of some of your rollcages that you would be willing to let me use in my z? I want as much protection as possible. I dunno if this is too tall an order but im looking for a something that incorporates the cage as an actual part of the chasis. In other words, i want the cage to be connected to all the major suspension mounting points in the car, to stiffen it up a bit. If you guys have any info,links, actual diagrams you can spare it would be greatly appreiciated.

if you send me a diagram of your personal cage and its the one i use, ill throw you some free powdercoating for my trouble.

Thanx

Here are the dimensions of the main hoop used in my car:

7833tubeDimensions.JPG

This roll bar fits VERY tight to the pillar (trimming of the interior plastic around the quarter windows is required).

7833PICT0017.JPG

I should also mention that the bottom of the hoop is cut a ten degree angle to lean the hoop backwards parallel to the pillar.

Make it like this one!

IMAGE00311111111.jpg

But seriously, keep in mind if you plan on doing any type of sanctioned racing be sure to check the rule book out. I have heard of cases where an SCCA caged car didn't pass NHRA tech, etc.

the odds of me doing any typ of nhra events are slim' date=' no worried about that. Iwould like to be able todo some SCCA events.

[/quote']

If that's the case, then the older Sharp pictures, and Ron's BRE replica probably would not pass SCCA tech for wheel to wheel. Don't get me wrong, they're good designs and Ron was going for period correctness, but it's just not in compliance with their rules, specifically with the main hoop.

Hey Al Keller, I was wondering why you were selling the JEGS cage? Does it have anything to do w/ the quality or fitment?

The reason being, I'm thinking about getting a JEGS cage down the line, and modify it to suit my needs.

I'd rather not spend $600+ on crap, so I'd appreciate any feedback on the JEGS cage.

Thanks

Kenny

http://www.rbmotoring.com

not to hijack your thread, but what kind of cage would be necessary for NASA events and other track day type events? maybe a few autocrosses here and there, nothing too serious. i'm ini it mostly for fun, not competition (not a hugely competitive guy lol)

would the JEGS suit my needs? S&W? or Autopower...

not to hijack your thread' date=' but what kind of cage would be necessary for NASA events and other track day type events? maybe a few autocrosses here and there, nothing too serious. i'm ini it mostly for fun, not competition (not a hugely competitive guy lol)

would the JEGS suit my needs? S&W? or Autopower...[/quote']

I beleive NASA uses the SCCA GCR as a guidline. If you're looking to run HPDE's or Solo 1 events, I think you can get away with just a roll bar, but check the rule book. If a full cage is required, and you're looking for a bolt in, I'd go with Autopower only because it looks like the NHRA based cages have some fundamental differences which may not pass SCCA tech.