HybridZ

Fitment issues with the PDK strut brace.

Just wondering if anybody ran into any fitment issues with the PDK strut brace. I bolted the strut bar and down bars into place and went to put the firewall bars on and they seemed a littl2 too long. I couldn't even get them into place for a trial fit. They were probably about 3/4" tool long, did I do something wrong.

Guest jlm_1951

Hi,

Just installed mine 3 weeks ago. Thought I had the same probllem. I think

you'll find that if you attach the bar to the strut mount from below, it will

work fine. There is a slight taper on the firewall brace connector (the strut tower end) that

is angled such that if you lift up from below it will fit right in. If you try to drop it in from the

top, it will hit on the strut tower plate. All in all, a very well designed brace system,

well worthe price.

joel

• 3 months later...

Are you happy with the PDK strut bars? I'm thinking of getting a set for my car, but I'm wondering if there will be fitment issues with the alternator. I'm also considering installing A/C, which would sit even closer to the shock towers on the other side of the engine.

Z_engine.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like there are camber plates in this picture from the pdk web site. I would call them and ask them about it.

Eric4.JPG

I called PDK yesterday, and based on the information they gave me the firewall bars will interfere with my alternator.