HybridZ

oil cooler for the L6

dreco

*edit*I guess I could have put this in the tech forum, but since I have an L6. I put it here *edit*

I live in Texas and thought that with all the heat, an oil cooler may be a good idea especially for track days. I've seen some aftermarket ones (like throught Motorsport Auto) I've seen pictures of the kit, and had one question. this may sound stupid but, where does the adapter for the inlet and outlet go?? is it suposed to adapt to the stock oil pump?? or where the oil filter goes?

large178052.jpg

Same Here, Gen 1 RX7 Cooler. Plenty of Capacity, and nice rubber shock mounts if you care to adapt a bracket to them. I cut 'em off and used a fiberglass channel to mount mine on this car.

I ran the one from MSA on my L28 for about two years and then removed it when I did the V8 conversion. I saw no effect before and after as far as temperature of the coolant. It still went a bit hot when the weather got really hot and the AC was gasping. I'm sure it lowered oil temperature some but that wasn't an issue. Unless you are going to do some serious racubg I would consider one an unnecessary complication of your system and a waste of money - that you could use for a V8 conversion!!:-D

I ran the one from MSA on my L28 for about two years and then removed it when I did the V8 conversion. I saw no effect before and after as far as temperature of the coolant. It still went a bit hot when the weather got really hot and the AC was gasping. I'm sure it lowered oil temperature some but that wasn't an issue. Unless you are going to do some serious racubg I would consider one an unnecessary complication of your system and a waste of money - that you could use for a V8 conversion!!:-D

thanks, for the tip (why do I get the feeling I'll get talked into installing a v8 for the next motor). I'm starting to do a lot more open track stuff (most of it during warmer months in Texas), and just thought it may make the motor last a little longer.