HybridZ

Panasports got stolen this morning...

240hoke

Well Had some bad luck this morning. I dropped my Panasports off at Griffin Brothers Tire this morning to have the tires dismounted so I could polish the lips up and repaint them. They said no problem just leave em here for a couple hours we should be able to get to them by this afternoon, so i put them at the edge of the bay closest to the office right where they said.... anyway i go back home and am wokring on my car when they call me about 1.5 hours later. Happily i pick up the phone thinking they were done and I am informed that some a$$hole drove off with my wheels before they could do anything about it..... *insert devil face*

Anyway they got the police up there and filed a police report, they said they got the tag number of the truck and have a warrent out for their arrest but said it was more then likely i wouldnt be geting them back. Anyway... the shop's insurance will cover my rims and tires but im bummed out because it will likely take be a big hassle and take a little while to get new rims.

These kind of things happen to everyone at sometime.

It sounds like you are actualy quite fortunate. The shop went out of there way to get the tags of the perp AND took responsibility AND will be replacing your tires and wheels.

You're lucky you found a shop with integrity. They may take a hit on there insurance premium for their graciousness. You should reward them with your business and your refference. :2thumbs:

You're lucky you found a shop with integrity. They may take a hit on there insurance premium for their graciousness. You should reward them with your business and your refference. :2thumbs:

I agree it's hard enough to be in business without stuff like this coming up. Sucks this happened to your rims and tires. Maybe this would be a good time for an upgrade if you wanted to.

that really sucks Austin, but that the same time your very lucky that the shop is taking responsibility and have stated that they will replace them. looks like you've got a set of new tires and wheels....your just going to have to wait to get them.

One thing that stands out is what other cars have this bolt pattern & offset? not very many, and seeing an early RX7 or mustang with panasports will stand out as being...well...not quite right. they might be able to recover them after all.