MSD 6A and Blaster II coil

MegaSquirt'n'Spark 'Extra' standalone EFI, controls boosts, fuel, and spark

5 Speed ZX tranny

240mm flywheel and clutch with ZX pressure plate

Autometer Fuel Pressure and Boost gauges

3" crush bent 'Alabama Special' exhaust

Guest Loose_Screws
damN!!

What settings are you using on MS? are you using Moby's setup or your own?!

Also how many pounds of boost on the stock T3???

I used a lot of information from Moby on how to get it setup, but the tuning was done by me and a friend for the initial, then another friend did the dyno tuning. He actually wrote stuff done and used a calculator, whereas I just said, "hmmm...rich here, drop the fuel a few points"!

I am running 18psi on the T3. The advantage I have over others is the ability to run the 'Alabama Special' open exhaust. It's kinda fun to have someone ask, "what V8 did you swap in?" and I tell them it's an I6, which they never believe till I pop the hood.

Guest bastaad525
I made 274 hp and 326 ft lbs of torque on stock t-3 and stock ecu and stock motor at 15 psi.

had a spearco and 3" exhaust

Garret76zt is my f'in hero!!! I was going to quote his dyno numbers but he beat me to it :D

Loose Screws - Great numbers. Honestly I would have expected a tad bit more for 18psi AND Megasquirt, especially on a Dynojet. Obviously the fuel curve looks fine... how's your timing set?

I know Garret76 had a couple other goodies on his setup like a 60mm throttle body and I believe 3" mandrel bent exhaust as well... his numbers really amazed me the first time I saw them, considering I didn't even get CLOSE to that much power when I was running only 1 less psi than he was. Garret you cheater what was REALLY going on there??? How come none of us can make that power on the boost you did?

Guest Loose_Screws
Loose Screws - Great numbers. Honestly I would have expected a tad bit more for 18psi AND Megasquirt, especially on a Dynojet. Obviously the fuel curve looks fine... how's your timing set?

At 180 kpa, the timing is set at 21-22 degrees

At 200 kpa, the timing is set at 18 degrees

At 225 kpa, the timing is set at 16 degrees

During the runs, we NEVER heard any detonation. We attempted one time to up the timing and got a wierd dip in the power curve, so we changed the timing back.

We had our hands full getting the A/F straightened out and most of the two hours of dyno time was spent getting a smooth 12.5 to 11.5/1 curve. We'll try timing on the next go around.

I am dissappointed now in the numbers, thought I had really done something to get that kind of power out of a T3 on an L28. Guess I am gonna have to turn some screws!

You've made some nice numbers. As a few have already stated, that T3 won't last at that output, you are overspinning it. A hybrid that moves more air at less speed is not too expensive for what you get:

My V1/V2 T3/TO4 was $700 new, and the modifcations to the intake and charge pipes were minimal. That would enable you to make perhaps 50 more HP at the same boost, or your same numbers reliably at 14-15 psi.

Guest Loose_Screws
You've made some nice numbers. As a few have already stated' date=' that T3 won't last at that output, you are overspinning it. A hybrid that moves more air at less speed is not too expensive for what you get:

My V1/V2 T3/TO4 was $700 new, and the modifcations to the intake and charge pipes were minimal. That would enable you to make perhaps 50 more HP at the same boost, or your same numbers reliably at 14-15 psi.[/quote']

What boost/power level do you think will be good for the T3? I suspect I can make 250+ on lesser boost, which is still plenty. Well, plenty until I feel like hunting down a vette or two!

Garret76zt is my f'in hero!!!

I wouldnt go that far . . . hahaha

I know Garret76 had a couple other goodies on his setup like a 60mm throttle body and I believe 3" mandrel bent exhaust as well... his numbers really amazed me the first time I saw them, considering I didn't even get CLOSE to that much power when I was running only 1 less psi than he was. Garret you cheater what was REALLY going on there??? How come none of us can make that power on the boost you did?

Lets see . . . I had stock EFI

stock T3

bone stock motor

Spearco IC

3" exhaust

60mm TB

370cc injectora

15psi

38psi fuel pressure (i think)

screwed with the AFM some

Now I really should scan the dyno sheet, but with the stock efi i had to have it super rich down low in order for it to be barely safe on the top . . . it was still getting way to lean up top . . . so I drove it for about a year like that and then I had enough and got SDS haha.