HybridZ

TT383 Chevy Z gets a "little" air

On Thursday I raced the Z at Irwindale Raceway since I had the Air Box repaired. I received my best, so far, 60 ft time of 1.39 seconds. I know that there are several members on this site that accomplish even quicker times but this was through a full exhaust system.:-D

Also running his 240 Z was Fred who ran well in the 8 seconds time in the 1/8th mile with his 350 Z V6 engine. He showed and won awards at MSA with it. He has the engine, trans, rear end. dash, etc. from a 350z. Also much body work. I liked the car and can respect the extreme amount of work that went into creating it.

Hanns

Getting Air_thumb.jpg

Fred

Wow, what fabrication! It looks pretty cool!! I was eyeballing the thumbnail photo before reading the post and I was thinking, "What is that, a Maserati?" NICE car.

Hanns, kudos to you too nabbing your best 60 ft. :2thumbs:

Davy

can you tell me what was the exact time and trap speed on that 240z.

Thank you!

I did not see him run and only spoke to him between runs. He said he was new to drag racing and was taking it easy on the Z. But he said he was improving all the time. I believe his 2nd run was 8.8 seconds in the 1/8th mile but he did not tell me what the MPH was.

I told him about Hybridz and he stated he would visit the site and post pics. You will be able to contact him then.

Hanns

I did not see him run and only spoke to him between runs. He said he was new to drag racing and was taking it easy on the Z. But he said he was improving all the time. I believe his 2nd run was 8.8 seconds in the 1/8th mile but he did not tell me what the MPH was.

I told him about Hybridz and he stated he would visit the site and post pics. You will be able to contact him then.

Hanns

Thank's

My brother is interested in those times.

He thought about doing this setup to a Z.

• 1 year later...
Guest candaddy350z
On Thursday I raced the Z at Irwindale Raceway since I had the Air Box repaired. I received my best, so far, 60 ft time of 1.39 seconds. I know that there are several members on this site that accomplish even quicker times but this was through a full exhaust system.:-D

Also running his 240 Z was Fred who ran well in the 8 seconds time in the 1/8th mile with his 350 Z V6 engine. He showed and won awards at MSA with it. He has the engine, trans, rear end. dash, etc. from a 350z. Also much body work. I liked the car and can respect the extreme amount of work that went into creating it.

Hanns

Do you know how to get ahold of Fred? I want to do that to a 240Z I have the 350Z drivetrain already!

Very cool seeing air under the front. What was your 1/4 time?

This was at Irwindale, a 1/8th mile track where I was running 6.30's at 116 mph. Most recently,with my 383 and Rajay turbos, I was running the quarter in 9.50's at 145 mph.

I have not yet raced with the new Turbonetic Turbos and the 406 engine.

Candaddy350z, I don't know how to contact Fred Sangalang but maybe someone else on this site does since he is a member.

Hanns

You can divide 1/8 mile times by .65 to get the quarter mile times or ya can multiply 1/4 mile time by .65 and get the 1/8 time ....nice times by the way Hanns...my poor little z only pulls 6.99 in the 1/8

This was at Irwindale, a 1/8th mile track where I was running 6.30's at 116 mph. Most recently,with my 383 and Rajay turbos, I was running the quarter in 9.50's at 145 mph.

I have not yet raced with the new Turbonetic Turbos and the 406 engine.

Candaddy350z, I don't know how to contact Fred Sangalang but maybe someone else on this site does since he is a member.

Hanns

What size and type of carb are you using? I going to try a single turbo setup and am looking for any help.Congrats on a Great pass. Jerry

What size and type of carb are you using? I going to try a single turbo setup and am looking for any help.Congrats on a Great pass. Jerry

Thanks Jerry,

I'm using a combination of Holley and Proform parts 750 DP.

Recently, the carb was modified by a local carb expert that I read about from Turbomustangs.com (CSU, Carburetor Solutions Unlimited). He modified my carb even more than I had initially done. Added 12 hole annular boosters for great street driveability, sealed throttle shafts if I want to use a hat instead of the box, and Boost Referenced Power Valves front and rear. The pv's can be adjusted to open at a predetermined boost level. So street cruising is lean until you get boost. Then they open up and greatly enrich the mixture. This also prevents bogging at launch due to an excessively rich fuel mixture. So far it works well on the street.

Hanns

Nice that you got out to the track. Don't you have a live axle rear end?

Ben,

"you talking to me???":grin:

This is an old thread when my Z was only running High 9's in the quarter.

The 9.50's runs were last year with the 383. I haven't raced the new engine and turbos, yet.

I have a Ford 9" rear diff- what did you mean???

When will we see some action from your TTV8 or are you too busy with the Mazda?

Hanns

Yes I meant your Ford diff. I just finished firing up the Mazda. I'm ironing out the bugs now, then I will turn my attention back to the Datsun. The Mazda will be my daily driver, more or less, and the Datsun will be for less civil activities, such as meeting at the local Sonic and seeing if kids in Hondas want to race...legally of course (haha). Right now, I'm struggling trying to get street legal. There's this thing called emissions testing, not quite as California, but a pain nonetheless.