HybridZ

LS1 Guys... Check the damage to my LS1 out...

On the early LS1s they were only turning 6200RPms. I was asked if I wanted to bump that when they did the custom tune and I declined for the reasons specified earlier... Age, mileage and unknown history.

I'd put an LS1/LS6 in any project car I would build... I'd just make sure to address the issues I've addressed with my new motor... Eagle Hbeam rods with 180Kpsi capscrews, Forged pistons, ARP hardware everywhere, and some oil system precautions.

Mike :2thumbs:

FWIW, I'm dipping in the enclosed trailer fund to do this on my ls1 track car.

http://www.drysump.com/pan1d.htm

This system uses the stock oil pump for pressure. This system uses a special fitting that supplies the pump with oil from the tank. The belt driven pump is for scavenge only. List of customers is impressive and I've spoken with Gary and was sold.

Nope, it isn't a vette specific issue. Apparently this is an LS1/ LS6 specific problem. You'll not see to many issues with it, so long as you don't spray nitros or hold 6200 RPMS on a high G corner, repeatedly for 30 minutes at a time.

Mike

I guess my question with regards to that graph is how long can the Accusump provide oil pressure for? Looks like the Accusump was going all the way around some of the turns at Buttonwillow.

It would also be nice to know what kind of car it was, and how much difference a baffled trapdoor pan makes...