HybridZ

Should I get MSnS or not??????????

KTM-EXC

I have been doing a lot of research lately about what kind of fuel and ignition management system I should get and I have decided that MSnS Extra might be the way to go. Since MS is so cheep I have enough money right now to buy it.

What I am really trying to figure out is if I will be able to handle the installation. I am only 16 and don't have really any experience working on cars, just motorcycles. I don't want to buy it and not be able to get it to work. I have talked with a local mechanic about helping me if I can't handle it, does that sound like a good idea?

I am still not 100% sure of what I need. Right now I have a 83' ZX turbo that is stock but I just ordered an NPR intercooler, 440cc 7MGTE injectors, I am working on having an exhaust made and I have bought a whole bunch of other little things that are all not yet installed only because the car is being painted right now.

I know I need an assembled MS unit, Water/Coolant temp sensor, GM HEI, Air intake temp sensor, Relay board, Wiring harness, tps and I am also going to get the LC1 WB 02 while I'm at it. I am still not sure If I want Version 2.2 or 3.0? Am I forgeting anything??

I plan on starting the project as soon as it gets back from the body shop in a couple of weeks.

If any body has any suggestons for me or could help me in any way I would apreciate it very much. Sorry about the long post.

Thanks

Rob

http://www.megasquirt.info

Read the manual. Read the installation guide. Then read it all again.

Every question I have ever been asked about MS is answered in the manual. If you don't understand how the system works from the manual, my suggestion is: don't get one. Luckily, it's pretty easy to follow and if you spend the time to go over the material, I think you'll catch on pretty quickly.

Thanks you for the feed back. I had glanced at that sight before but this time I am really going to read the entire thing. I have printed off almost everything so I can read it over and over again.

That took up about an entire box of paper and an entire cartridge of black ink, but well worth it!

Rob

it's a fairly easy system to understand, but trust me.... you will always want to mess with it... so keep a backup file..lol After that, you'll want to start doing hardware mods and whatnot, but that is the best part IMHO. Be sure to follow Moby's install guide and your engine will fire right up. One thing that I highly recomend is to solder ALL your connections or use proper clips.

but to answer your question...YES get ms'n's-extra

Forrest, Thank you for the link.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is VexME?

Also since I'll need a laptop I found my old laptop and figured it would work. I t came with windows 95 but it now has 98 which I heard was best to use with MS. It is a 199? HP Omnibook 800ct with a pentium processor. Is this any good?? It isn't really working right now but its a small problem and I know some one who is going to fix it.

So if you guys know about computors, does it sound like something I could use for MS?

Thanks,

Rob

VexME is a program that will suggest a fuel map for you based on target AFR that you specify and datalogs that you create. It is located in the tuning forum, topic called "new tuning software".

As for the laptop, that would be MORE than enough to use with MS. I'd suggest starting off fresh, and install only megatune, megalog viewer program, easy therm and excel (for log viewing) This way your computer will boot fast.

EDIT, sorry thought I was in the msefi forums...lol Here is the link to VexME

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=10191