HybridZ

WTF is an e33 head

Floorless240z

The E33 is supposedly a "special" homologation head that Nissan built to get the larger valves into the basic E31 for FIA competition. I think its a myth:

1. I and no one I know of has seen one.

2. I and no one that I know of has seen any reference to it in the Nissan Motorsports books.

3. I and no one I know of has seen the homologation specs for the head.

4. This E33 rumor just surfaced again in the past couple months after being dormant for 6 years.

5. The early E88 head is exactly what this mythical E33 head is supposed to be.

FYI... E33 is a Nissan paint color code (Ultra Yelow) and an intake manifold code.

What's the casting number on the early FIA head? I just checked How to Modify and there is no casting number listed, but it does give some different valve sizes for the "early and late" FIA heads. If it is the early FIA head it should have cast iron cam towers, that would be a pretty big giveaway.

Guest crawford
but it does give some different valve sizes for the "early and late" FIA heads. If it is the early FIA head it should have cast iron cam towers, that would be a pretty big giveaway.

I don't have the book in front of me but I seem to recall all the 'FIA heads' were four banger heads....

Ya know e88 becomes e33 pretty easy with just a touch of dremel and a splash of acid for that non-machined look....

this top secret motor was also fuel injected- had an maf, and said it had a computer (not sure if it was a stock ecu or some sort of piggyback or standalone).

what kind of numbers could you get with an e31 head and L28 block fuel injected?

I'm just looking to have something a little more streetable. due to the exhaust smell, the 6 240z's in my family only get driven once in a while. I want something I can drive somewhere and not smell like exhaust fumes, so it seems fuel injection is the way to go.