HybridZ

New hood and light cover pics

awd92gsx

Thanks guys. I ran it for awhile without the headlight covers (about a week anyway), but, I like the more "sinister" look the headlight covers give it.

Hmm...what's next...

Well, Now that I have a some black in the front of the car, I think I need to have a splash of black in the back also...I think I'm going to paint my spoiler black. I thought about racing stripes, but, I'll wait until the next paint job for the car before I do that.

We're doing great RacerX! Thanks!!

The hood (full supported version) costs $435 from 280Zone. He also produces a full pin on version for cheaper, but, I'd go for the supported version (which I did)

Very good looking! Did you paint the hood yourself? I have a cowl hood on mine and don't want to spend the money to match my paint, ultra violet metallic pearl, Close to one grand to match/blend colors.

I have thought about just painting it a nice black color myself.

Mike

Well...I attempted to paint it myself, at first...but, in the end I ended up having dmsv8 paint it for me, after he explained everything I was doing wrong.

Initially, I'd considered doing it the same red as my car...but, like you said, matching it would be difficult since I didn't know the exact paint color that was used on my car...so, that's why I decided to go black. The more I thought about it, the more going black on the hood appealed to me...but, I didn't want to just stop there, otherwise it would look like I had just forgotten to repaint the hood...so, that's where I got the ideas of getting the headlight covers.

Now that I have some black on the front, though, I need to splash the back of the car with some black to even it out a little bit.

I also painted my engine red/black when I installed it, so, I've tried to keep the red/black theme going throughout the car....I've also been looking at some red/black steering wheels.

Now that is a hood I would buy if they were avaliable for the 280ZX's! Yeah Im jelious! LOL:violin:

I dont know if painting the spoiler black will look good though, IMHO. I would paint the tail light panel black to match and leave it at that.

Guy