HybridZ

I filled my car up today

Dave

isnt there a civic super gas milage version forgot the name thatr got like 55mpg... civic hr or soemthing i can't rmemeber it was a special version. And **** 25 for a honda, i can get my 92 explorer to 20, but that is all freeway, then again it is also running all freeway at 85-100 mph. 17 normal though, just cause i drive too hard. im seriously going to cut back alot now since gas is getting so expensive... i acctually went 55 on the freeway today for 10 minutes :S

i feel your pain, whats the deal with the $7 a gallon areas caused by katrina? Is that just because the gas stations panicked and took advantage of the situation or is there really no gas there? sorry for hijack!

isnt there a civic super gas milage version forgot the name thatr got like 55mpg... civic hr or soemthing i can't rmemeber it was a special version. And **** 25 for a honda' date=' i can get my 92 explorer to 20, but that is all freeway, then again it is also running all freeway at 85-100 mph. 17 normal though, just cause i drive too hard. im seriously going to cut back alot now since gas is getting so expensive... i acctually went 55 on the freeway today for 10 minutes :S

i feel your pain, whats the deal with the $7 a gallon areas caused by katrina? Is that just because the gas stations panicked and took advantage of the situation or is there really no gas there? sorry for hijack![/quote']

They also had a Honda Civic VX all motor, manual tranny, no CVT tranny's, that got 50mpg in the late 80's early 90's but no one really bought it. Everyone just bought roominess and cared less about economy.

Yea, just sold my '91 HF 4 months ago. Makes me feel a little better knowing it was sold to a single mom driving a Bronco II 70 miles each way to work 5 days a week. Still wish i had it back though.

What's crazy is the '87 was rated 52-57 (carb) and the '91 dropped to 49-52 (FI). But it was 200-300lbs heavier than the '87.

I had an early 90's civic 3-door that was a sub-base model. It had NO letters on the hatch...not DX or EX or SI. It had NOTHING but the basics. No intermittent wipers, no rear wiper, manual locks and windows, 4speed. Pleather seats, no center console...I could lift a rear tire off the ground by grabbing under the rear wheel well and I only weighed about 150. It had 60HP at the flywheel. I got 41mpg regularly. I want it back!!!! Im going shopping.

Love the skinny pig!

• 2 weeks later...