HybridZ

l28et is it worth the trip?

73speed

Hey everyone, after contemplating an ls1 swap and budget diving, I'm now contemplating going with the l28et, I know it will probably end up costing close to 3k but I fugure I can do it in baby steps. I found an 83zx tubo engine but it's 5 hours away, the turbo apparently is crap and engine was checked for compression and only got 130, I was thinking the stock turbo would need to be upgraded anyway so I guess thats not a big deal, the exhaust , intake is in tact. He is asking 250.00 if I pick it up or 400 shipped, anybody think I should jump on it or would it be better to keep looking, it's hard to determine how good an engine you'll get no matter where I get it I guess. I wasn't going for a quick bolt in, probably going to take my time to do an overhaul before everything goes in. what do you think?

thanks

That sounds like a very good deal. I paid 600$ for one that I picked up. Then I paid 200$ for an entire car and took another one out myself. Trust me, the 600$ one was the better deal. Delivered for 400$ is the way to go - you will spend more in gas alone to pick it up. 130 is close to stock compression on an L28ET.

I drove from SoCal to Albuquerque NM to pay $100 for an L20A engine, and then drove south to ElPaso Texas to salvage the engine out of a ZXT that was free.

That ride home was 14 hours alone. So Free/ZXT=28hours should be the same equation as $250/ZXT=10 Hours Making the cost $13.88 and hour in my case--yeah, that's reasonable in my mind...

I am diseased.