HybridZ

'88 300zxt

zgeezer

Yep, there it was sitting all alone in my favorite jy. It's really white with chrome plated 16 inch 7 inch wide alloy wheels and a finned cover plate on the differential. I can't spell anavursery, but thats what I think it was. Bought the differential and both 1/2 shafts and the wheels. I expect to pull the lsd carrier out and install it in an earlier 3:54 R200. In reading the multitude of notes on this swap, I think it should go into my 240 with no problems. (I've got MM's adaptors for the 4 bolt CV joints) This time I'll go easy on the H20 and WD40. Anyone aware of any issues with this LSD swap that hasn't been chewed to death?

Anyone out there feel a real need for Japanese Chrome Alloys. If so, pm me.

Not only can I not spell, it appears I can't read either. It's white '87 Turbo with, I think a clsd. The day before I purchased this a locally well known Z hoarder had looked it over, expressed an interest in the wheels, but passed on the differential because is was the "anaversury" model. I think the white paint job saved this one for me. It's nice to have two CLSDs, but I need some other things more.

I will give it to any person that can make a 1973/74 "Competition Hood Scoop" available in Southern California to pull a mold. Or, if you or your estate has such an animal and would like to sell it, I'd even throw in some boot. Here is what the scoop looks like: http://zhome.com/zcarfilesJPEG/CompHood.jpg

Anyone out there?

g

That is either a bad photo or a very ugly scoop, or both :) Sorry, but it is :D

I think that pic intentionally made the scoop[ stand otu way more then they do in erson, I've only seen a couple, at first glance you don't even notice them as they mimic the raised portion of the hood exactly, if it's painted to match you wouldn't notice it at a glance

My swap is a LM7 truck engine and I think the tall intake manifold will not clear my hood. Although it is called a competition hood scoop it really is a fiberglas cover over the huge long hole that is cut in the hood. It is a vent, venting engine compartment air out the sides. I'm trying to put this together as "old school" as I can, with the idea of pawning it off on the street as one of four emission control v8's that Datsun imported to show detroit how to meet '72 smog standards... or some such line. Badge it as a Fairlady and tell the world I bought from some loadmaster on a 141 Starlifter back in my days at Travis. Some good line for the Turbo'd Civic crowd and, what the hell, Mustangs are good too.

Corzette, thanks a lot, I've sent you a PM

g