HybridZ

DiyAutotune Megasquirt v2.2 kit *CRIES*

twistex

well i ordered the kit from them cause i was trying to save money! well nothing bad to say about them i got it in mail really fast and packaged nice and everything. only downside is no instrustions .. they tell you where to look so i looked around anyways on the circuit board it shows how its supose to be installed and then on packaging they give you heights and whatnot. what im getting at is i wish i would have just paid the extra $100 for a complete tested assembled unit lol .. oh well i guess i learned my lession i didnt realize how much soldering there is. im about 1/4 way done i spent about 2 hours on it so far. anyone else build your own 2.2 ? if so any usefull websites beside megasquirt.info and the other few ?

i've assembled several 2.2's before. the first one took me about 2 days because I wanted to make sure I did everything right. megasqurit.info has had all the info I've ever needed for assembly. when you start getting into mods msefi.com helps out alot.

jesse

It really isn't too bad.

Just take your time, the instructions are in the place stated above, and are VERY complete.

They even have a little soldering guide and instructions on how to test individual parts of the board.

I normally build them for people who couldn't for a fee cheaper then buying a built one, but I just moved into college and i don't have my soldering stuff here.

Good luck,

Mario

oh i already finished it took my 5 1/2 hours total time :( well maybee faster next time .. how can i test without that testing thing ? i was thinking to ground and add power and i seen a light blink .. then maybee serial into it ? and see if i can access it with a megasquirt application ? anyone know .. thanks

5.5 hours is about correct for the kit. Don't feel bad. I went to the NASA high reliability soldering class, and my first MS kit took 5 hours flat start to finish, and it fired up and ran on the first try---I was driving it around the block within 15 minutes thereafter.

Then all hell broke loose. See Archives....LOL

well when i turn on key my injetors all click .. and everything and im able to login to my ecu with my laptop using megatune or megasquirt software and says conn ected but when i set constants to whateve ri think is right for 6 cyl .. when i try to start it it fires for a sec then dies .. its weird .. well i dont have my tps hooked up or my o2 sensor .. i just wana see if my ecu works. anyone know if tps and o2 being disconnected would keep it from starting ? im going to hook up tps tomarrow and weld a o2 bung on my header .. also anyone know what kinda things i should put in my constants for a 3.2 inline 6 with turbo injectors ?

when i hook up my tps it dont get to the ecu .. i traced the signal wire to ecu and it works .. so im guessing i built my megasquirt wrong. i get a signal at the tps but not to my ecu .. gets to the end of ecu plug but not into ecu .. when im in tuning software also i have the tach signal wire hooked up to the neg on coil .. but i read you have to connect like xg1 and xg2 to make theat work right or somthing. i dont know anyone have ideas