HybridZ

It's that time again, everyone post your updates!

240Z_Master

I havent actually posted anything about my RB project yet. I might snap some pics of it tomorrow. The car was wrecked by myself about a year ago and has been a slow rebuild/mod process since then. Its a 60k milage 75 280z.

Basically, im going to run the RB25DET. Its the gen two with the ingitors built into the ECU. Ive got the billet mounts from rick. Oil pan from nismoparts and am getting ready to drop the car on the motor and make my trans mount. I got the motor out of a wrecked 240sx (oddly enough I helped with its swap in the first place) Just slowly putting along as time and mainly money allows.

I have been reading alot in the RB forum just learning and looking at pics and what not. I hope to have the car running next spring.

Saving up for a running halfcut + a few $000 extra..... My car is my daily driver so i want to have the motor running and have the money for extra parts i'll need before I install it, like the tailshaft which i wont know the size of until i install the motor, and all the piping i will probably need to get custom made, and i will probably pay dearly for...

If I borrow my GF's skyline for any more than a month she'll get grumpy too....

These things are a long term project right?

Motor/Tranny installed

Intercooler mount fabricated, IC installed

Hubs/Axles installed

Wheels/Tires mounted

VB Flares being modified to fit Wheels/Tires

A marriage and subsequent honeymoon have conspired to slow me down a bit (don't tell her that, though! Lol)

Still to Do:

Finish Body Work (flares, roof, and a door)

Install Q45 R200, dial in driveline angles

Install fuel cell

Route IC piping

Install radiator (finish all shrouds/install fans)

Fabricate Downpipe and Exhaust

Install and tune EMS... and the list goes on!

Well, at the moment my car is hacked to pieces. I have the RB25det and tranny mounted, I have the fuel cell mounted, the cage is half way completed, and the seats are mounted. Currently the 240SX subframe is being installed along with new floors and frame rails. Once that is completed, I can complete the cage, have a driveshaft made, and route the fule and brake lines. This is taking longer then antisipated however I think when it is done it will be worth it (that's what I keep telling myself anyway). I hope to have the motor fire up by christmas! I will keep everyone informed. Later

Jon

Montoya' date=' my r33 rear subframe has been left untouched for 2 years. Keep us informed, thanks.

Also my RB has been sit on the floor for months.

My current project is LHD to RHD power steering conversion and A/C.

Kazu[/quote']

I will post some pictures soon, right now it is a little embarrassing with the car all torn appart. I got a case of the "while I'm at it bug" and decided to replace the floor boards in the car. They had a few pin holes under the seats and it was bothering me. I'll post pictures here soon.

Well, I'm about to order the roll cage and harnesses.. then I can install the seats and put the entire interior in.

After that, exterior paint and put the R32 cluster in, plus all the little cosmetic BS to get it aesthetically finished.

Then I get to move on to the toys. :)

Guest el Jefe

My Neo 6 is still on pallet and 240Z still in driveway. 280Z is still in garage, but it should be gone soon... I think things will be progressing rather quickly for my RB240 once I get that garage cleared out. I have a lot of things purchased that don't really matter at this point, but I have them out of the way at least. I need to set some goals for myself. I've been in quite a funk and don't want to do anything at all though.

Ever since I left Japan I have had a one track mind... RB. I moved back to CA and I have totally neglected my '56 Ford F100 which I have a ton of money sunk into already, but I can't part with it and have a new money hole. So it sits, collecting dust. The only thing left to complete is; interior, electrical, new bed (wood), wheels and tires and paint the sucker. It has been out of sight and out of mind, even with it only being a mile away from me now.

My Z is completely in the planning stages while I gather parts and ideas.

Haven't done alot to my car in a while after getting it all together but I'm about to order all the stuff to put a th350 behind the rb25 this week hopefully. I've about had my fill of running from a roll. Ready to go after some of the big domestics around town now. I think with the auto and a little more boost it will probably hurt some feelings. :)

Anyone need a rb25 5spd and driveshaft?

JT

• 4 months later...