HybridZ

Aluminum Mandrel Tubing

240hoke

have either of you looked at burns prices. I mean they have some awesome stuff but hell they are a Huge rip off... maybe if money wasnt an object. :( 83 dollars for a 2.75 u-bend better get ready to bend over on that one.

I am thinking about doing the pie sliced stainless pipes liek alot of the jap cars have. It will be cheap and I can do it myself since i have acess to a tig welder now.

Still need two 90 deg 2.75" aluminum tubes. I couldnt find it on jcwhitney, only stainless and aluminized steel. I dunno maybe im an idiot.

Why alum over SS for I/C pipes? I doubt you will gain more than 1 or 2lbs in weight and SS can be made to look just as good. When I did my L28ET with the NPR, I used mig-welded mild steel then ground down the welds, filled the welds with bondo and painted it. You could not even see the welds. Bit of a PITA but was "cheap" and looked good. Wish I had a pic but I lost all that old stuff.

Thanks scottie thats what ive done for my last two installs. I remeber your car exactly, it was my dream and i modeled my 260's powerplant after what you had done.

Looks like I may end up doing the pipes like that again. It will defintly save me some money i can get it done quick too, maybe even paint it to color of the car! that might look trick. mmm

Semms like ther would be more of a market for aluminum bends - after all aluminum is lighter and cheaper then steel.

-Austin

Why mess with all of that stuff. I am planning on using DWV Copper pipe fittings on my intercooler. I can be soldered together with 95/5 of 50/50. It comes in 2" and 3" with long radius elbows. You can go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy all you need. It can be chrome plated or just polish out.

Semms like ther would be more of a market for aluminum bends - after all aluminum is lighter and cheaper then steel.

Huh? In which country?

83 dollars for a 2.75 u-bend better get ready to bend over on that one.

Well, a 304 stainless 2.75" U-bend is about $65.00, a 321 stainless 2.5" U-bend is about $93.00, so I'm not sure where you think $83.00 retail for a 2.75" aluminum U-bend is "a rip off." Sometimes reality bites.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Ive bookmarked everything :)

I decided to just go with mild steel while i get everything worked out and on down the road to go with aluminum. Time is of importance right now, i can mig in my garage so i can work faster.

I bought all the bends for my i/c pipes and DP from Jegs's, they have free 1-2 day shipping so i couldnt pass it up. Silicon connectors from ATPturbo with t-bolts. I think the total for everything including shipping was around 220 bucks. So im happy. Im going to Powdercoat the pipes wrinkle black or paint them body color.

-Austin

If you dont mind aluminized steel for your bends' date=' go here, [url']www.performancepeddler.com[/url], I made my exhaust from them with 4 3 inch Ubends. Total cost to me was a measily 80 dollars shipped!!!

I couldnt be more happier.

You had your entire exhaust shipped to you for 80 dollars!! Or were those bends just parts of your exhaust?

Either way killer bargain

You had your entire exhaust shipped to you for 80 dollars!! Or were those bends just parts of your exhaust?

Either way killer bargain

It was the 4 Jbends rather then Ubends that I had shipped for $80. I had cut and welded it all together in a night.

The only thing that I needed to buy additional was an 18 inch piece of straight pipe that I had gotten from the local auto parts store for 5 bucks.