HybridZ

Hybrid Z History?

David K

Guest Anonymous

I think I found it from Pete's site. I wanted to do a swap and bam, pete's site hits the search engine pretty much first (good job on the meta words there Pete! :D ). Anyway, after I got my tongue back in my mouth and wiped off the drool I came here and man what a cool place. I've made several super friends, well friends might be to weak, I'll say nearly brothers (and in one case, he's a adopted brother as far as I'm concerned). Great people, great topics and discussions that invoke thought and other discoveries and idea's.

HybridZ.org Where Horsepower is king and Tires are scared. :D

Regard,

Lone

I think that we are a little off on the original url name though. I have owned the url "v8zcars.com" for many years now. Unfortunately I have not put it to good use because I am not that great with computers. I purchased the url form Register.com and they have since changed/sold out to some other comapny that is impossible to get a hold of and avertime I try to login to maintain ownership it takes a month of emails to get it done. I remember it was February 2000 when Owen, Superdan,Pete,Mike, myself and a few other migrated from a small forum to the one we all know now. I think If you look at the profile of the guys mentioned you will see a member # and a date when everthing was kicked off....

Too bad I didnt find the forum sooner, I could have saved a ton of money!!!

Myron

member #4

Ai the good old days. I was much like ZR8ED, feasting on information on zcar.com every day for a couple of years. I needed to learn! But when it started feeling like I was surrounded by a bunch of 10 year olds, I too started to look around.

Poked around here a bit before registering. (well before it was Hybridz.org) And was hoping that these V8 guys wouldn't mind a I-6 turbo guy hanging out too. smile.gif I haven't been booted out yet, so I guess they don't mind! :D

I'm proud to be a part of this little thing we call hybridz. smile.gif

I found HybridZ thru Pete's site also.

I kind've hovered for a few months-absorbing all the V8Z stuff I could. Began my search after purchasing the V8Z swap book out of the Zeek's catalogue-back when they were about Aisian (Z/ZX's) and not a German (Porche).

I tried a couple the other sites back in the mid to late 90's and never really thought it was "In depth" enough. I was always looking for V8 swap info; and wanst really interested in a stock z. I had owned a stock Z years ago-cool car; but a V8Z is an even Cooler Car! That is all I was interested in. When I found HybridZ-everything changed. Very in-depth subjects w/good natured and insightful people; which is a very hard to find combination.

This is a good thread; lotta luv in the house-I'm feeling a group hug...hmm, that would be getting too close to my feminine side eek2.gif ; I dont think that would be a good thing. Let us Ix-ney on the Oup-Gray Ug-Hay thing.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

It is interesting how this forum has attracted some wonderful people. The one thing I am still amazed about is how what ever you want to do with a z is ok. If I wanted to paint one pink and put a big block in a it thats ok ( no offence Ron). If someone wants to put a mopar, ford, nissan, toyota, even a rotary eveyone is possitive and tries to be helpful. Where else can you find that. Then the information that we have been able to share is crazy. I wish I had been able to sit here and read before I built my first Z car would have saved alot of money and it would have been alot better car.

Thank God for the founders of this site. You make it great to enjoy Z cars without the BS....

Later Ray

You know, just for the heck of it and for sh1ts and giggles, I went through some old posts of mine from way back when. It was when I first started working on the suspension of my car, and I just wanted to see if I had learned anything since then... when I ran across this post ... it really meant a lot to me... with you guys not knowing a thing about me and you were trying to help me out. Who knew that a little later I would suffer a stroke that realy messed me up... sorry getting kind of emotional guys. Now my freinds are telling me that I'm not the same person anymore, kinda pisses me off, I think I'm the same guy. Oh well, I still have a bunch of open minded guys that have the same passion as I do.

I'm glad I found this site smile.gif2thumbs.gif

!M!

• 4 months later...

I feel your pain Dan!

I just closed on my new place a few weeks back... all while going through the very ugly "D" word. The single most stressful time in my life. Thank god I have a Job I can go to to forget my worries. :rolleyes:

I also got a few more e-mail with quarter mile times update. I'm shock, and somewhat honored, that people still remember that little sight I put together. If anybody wants to take it over for me, please feel free to drop me a line.

Counting down the days until it's warm enough to pull the old girl out of storage. I finally got a decent garage to work out of... it only took me three years to get!!!

You haven't heard that last of me!!!

-Andy

I think that someone on zcar.com actually told me to come here after I posted some questions about V-8 Z cars. Or it could have been Pete's site.

I can still remember the feeling that came over me when I saw that dark blue Z car with that awesome V-8 stuffed between the fenders! It was purely sexual baby rockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

I got into Z's when my exwife bought me a 260 shortly after we got to aslaska (92) when I was in the air force. Her father subscribed me to a monthly Z mailer list. I had to sell the 260 after about a year. But I got a 77 280 in 96 drove it and restored it but had to give it away literally..... long story there... been wanting another one ever since.

Love the sight :) especially the opening page :D