HybridZ

Gas Prices: Who Pays the Most

Kevin Shasteen

My dad, who works for J.B.Hunt called late last night regarding an dept. email to all their OTR Truckers telling them to Fill up as often as possible...effective immediately.

I guess this is regarding the War on Terror and escalating gas prices that would result; which implies what-that prices are about to go up(?).

Anyway, I was curious what the National Gas Prices are and who pays the most.

As of last night, as I didnt go into town today, our Super Unleaded was up to $1.78 a gallon at an Exxon Station.

This price is .15c's more than last week. cry2.gif

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

'Premium' 91 here in the SF Bay Area is getting stupid expensive, over $1.90/gal. In MANY places here it is cresting $2.10 or MORE per gallon. Makes me sick. There is no genuine reason for it and last time I checked, we don't buy much petroleum from that guy we about to bomb...wait, maybe we do buy from Saddam according to this link posted elsewhere in the forum: Oily facts

The Q45 is going to get sold by the end of the year..........no laments: more money for the 240Z :D

Davy

Guest livewire23
Originally posted by DavyZ:

'Premium' 91 here in the SF Bay Area is getting stupid expensive, over $1.90/gal. In MANY places here it is cresting $2.10 or MORE per gallon. Makes me sick.

Well, I was going to say it, but you beat me to it... $2.08 for a normal gas station, $1.87 for a rotten robbie type place. (last time i checked), and 1.98 for arco or some place like that.

1.55 here(Oxford,Al) for regular unleaded.

I personally remember .50 a gallon. I was 7 and would walk to the gas station to get gas for the lawn mower and my mini bike.

I really don`t think our gas prices are too out of line. When I graduated from HS, it was 1.06.

A.50 jump in 17 yrs is not really that bad. my.02 ;)

well, whatever it costs, you still have to buy it. if it's $5 a gallon, you'll still need it to get to work. i filled up monday at QT (usually one of the cheaper places) for $1.49 for regular unleaded per gallon. two weeks ago at my previous fillup, it was $1.32 at the same place. the southeast tends to have the best prices for gas, as far as i've been able to tell with travel for my job around the US.