HybridZ

Oil fitting hell... details inside...

Guest 73Turbo240z

You could just buy a BSPT die and die the fitting that you want to go in there.

Thats what I did. The 1/8 BSPT thread is smaller than the 1/8 NPT though they are the same diameter at some point.

Thus you're not changing the thread on the NPT fitting, you're just making it all smaller. I'm tired so sorry if that makes no sense.

Dave

• 8 months later...
Dude...the Nissan block is NOT 1/8" NPT...it is 1/8" BSPT...British Pipe Thread.

Yasin

Is 1/8" the diameter of the thread or is that the thread pitch?

I just ordered a 1/8" BSP to -4 AN adaptor and the BSP end is way too small of a diameter to thread into the Nissan T on the side of the block. There is a lot of slop. I have the -4 stainless line so the other end fits the line perfect.

Did I get the wrong part? This is the only British adaptor they have available...

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-FTG-033&Category_Code=FTG

ATP-FTG-033_450.jpg

For the turbo side, I got the aluminum T3 plate they make, a 0.060 restrictor, and adaptor to go to the -4 AN line. All looks good on that end.

You got the wrong fitting. The block is acually BSPT 1/8 27 TPI. It is a tapered fitting that seals by interference fit. The fitting you have there is a straight thread BSP 1/8 fitting that seals with a oring.

Honestly, the easiest way to solve the problem is to do what 240Hoke did and re-tap the block for NPT. That makes the fitting game real easy and the adapter for NPT to AN/JIC can be found locally.

Good luck.

Doug

This is what I did... I will take some pictures and get part numbers when I get home...

1 fitting that is 1/8 BSPT to 1/8 NPT... Then a 1/8 NPT block; with two female inlets and one male output to insert into the BSPT to NPT adapter. It's only two fittings and solves the problem...

part # 4860K141

or

part # 4860K611

One is male/female' date=' the other is male/male both BSPT to NPT

http://www.mcmaster.com/[/quote']

I received these fittings today. they are not correct for the car. The thread is tapered but they still fit inside the threads on the T block. there is just a tiny bit of slop... the threads do not even begin to engauge. There are no other BSPT fittings!

I received these fittings today. they are not correct for the car. The thread is tapered but they still fit inside the threads on the T block. there is just a tiny bit of slop... the threads do not even begin to engauge. There are no other BSPT fittings!

Geez, I am a moron. I didn't realize your were asking a question in your earlier post; I thought you were just stating some part numbers.

From Summit Racing...

Auto meter # ATM-2269 1/8 bspt-1/8 NPT

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ATM%2D2269&N=115&autoview=sku

Nitrous Oxide Systems(NOS) # 16775NOS 1/8 NPT Block

http://www.holley.com/16775NOS.asp

ok, so you replaced the block. I thought you guys were saying the top plug in the factory turbo "T" was 1/8 BSPT. i was trying to get a fitting for that. I haven't tried screwing this into the actual L28 block. If it does fit all I need is that NPT T-block.

the first item you posted looks to be exactly what I got from McMaster

My turbo engine is running like crap though... so I'm just using the stock line for now.. :(

Hey at least your Engine is running.... : ( I just went over to that block due to the availability of NPT items.(ie my oil sending unit, oil line) You can pick that block up for a couple of bucks; Your local speed shop might have it too.

ya, the 1/8 BSPT I ordered from McMaster fits the L28 block perfect.

so I need the 1/8 NPT T block, and a new sender unit.... and a couple straight through fittings. NPT to -4 AN.

anyway, the rest is easy to get. Thanks for the help. :D

oh, my turbo Z is running better now. No more poping but the power still isn't there. It needs some tweaking. (its all stock now, so it really shouldn't be this hard)

but it is good to be driving it again after the engine swap