HybridZ

LS1 in a Z32

Guest BoostedZ350

I'm in the same boat, I am still offering money to the person who can provide me with hardware to complete the z32 swap using a SBC motor.

Guest BoostedZ350
A couple guys here have done it, look up Krazee X, I hope I spelled his name correctly, hes done the whole LS1 Z32 thing and done it in very impresive fashion if my memory serves me.

This Krazzee Z guy, does he have the mounts and hardware for sale? If he does I am once again asking him to please come off some so that I can move forward with this thing.

You guys need to try searching! [url']http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=99731&highlight=z32[/url]

Agreed, they need to search. But that particular thread is probably the worst one you could have linked to. That "AbsoluteMoron" guy only got that screen name after being banned following a very ugly exchange with the moderators. I don't know if I would trust a manual from either one of the sources in that link.

Agreed, they need to search. But that particular thread is probably the worst one you could have linked to. That "AbsoluteMoron" guy only got that screen name after being banned following a very ugly exchange with the moderators. I don't know if I would trust a manual from either one of the sources in that link.

That is true, but they are the only ones that offered a manual for that swap. Careful dealing with them, if the email links still work.

Guest BoostedZ350

The email links still work. I am going to call him at the number he gave me in the return email. They told me I could come to their shop and look at what they were all about. I will just keep to myself what he said about the forum.

Adlashwa's manual is nice and will give you a great starting point and help along the way.

AbsoluteMoron's manual was one he purchased from Adlashwa's, chopped and butchered, and released as his own property. I know because I almost got screwed by him. I got my money back through the USPS. Never do any transaction without them. :)

Z32s are NOT the light-weight, inexpensive, fabrication friendly vehicles the 240-280Zs are. There hasn't been 30+ years of research and motor swapping completed on them. They are still $3-7,000 for an early model in good condition, and the ones without motors are usually junked pretty badly.

All of this makes it a very small V8-Z32 community. You're basically on your own for a lot of infomation, so please do some soul searching as to whether or not you have the funds, know-how, friends, hook-ups, time, and work areas to start and actually complete a project of this magnitude.

BoostedZ350, if you're so apt to spend money on pre-made mounts you might as well take your motor/transmission down to a fabrication shop and have them create and mount the engine for you. There is no Scarab or JTR setup, so please think outside of the box on this one.

I'll chime in here as well...

It really doesn't take a lot of brain power to steal someone elses product and claim it as your own, which AbsoluteMoron DID. The guy makes a LOT of claims to me offline about being affluent and from a well off family. If he is so "well bred", then why is he stealing someone elses intellectual property and re-selling it as his own creation?

Now, onto the task at hand. I believe ANY skilled shop, with a decent fabricator on staff will be able to make the LS1 work in a Z32. The motor mounts from the Vette are a good starting point, and would also allow you to weld a plate along the existing frame rail to work with the factory Vette mount. I was contemplating this very thing when I was re-installing the mounts for my C5 install. If someone had a tape measure, some paper and pen, and the motor, chassis and everything in a shop, along with welder/ tools, and various materials to experiment with, I'd bet dollars to donuts that a mount could be created in a weekend.

This isn't rocket science guys, and if you're looking for a JTR style kit, you might be waiting for quite a while... Get adventurous and build your own... Or snuggle up to a shop equipped to do the work, and offer to HELP them and LEARN along the way, while you maybe offset the expense!

Now, as to AbsolutePower's comments about our site, Ask the tool when you see him why he declined my offer to visit him at his shop... :roll: The guy is a TOOL of the lowest caliber. Doing business with him should be likened to playng with fire... You'll get burned, Bet on it. :2thumbs:

Mike :cool:

Guest BoostedZ350

I went to the guys shop with NXR Performance. I don't understand what really went on between him and the forum. But as far as know how and money backing goes....I would say he's got it. I don't really know if I'm gonna let him and his guys do the install on the 300 because we just couldn't come to an aggreement on price for labor and parts needed for the swap. He owns a couple bad *** cars that I would love to own but I just don't have the pocket deep enough to allow me to play on their level. He did have a Z32 in one of the bays getting an 03 SC Cobra drivetrain swapped in. He said they were working on a manual for it as well. I have started to lean towards that kind of swap once they finish with it

(if the outcome is to my taste power wise). Mikey I will ask him why he didn't "take you up on your offer" as you put it to have you come to his shop next time I go there.

He did have a Z32 in one of the bays getting an 03 SC Cobra drivetrain swapped in. He said they were working on a manual for it as well.

They'll never get the exhaust piped with those monstrous 3-valves without chopping fenders. That manual will probably something to the extent of...

manual.JPG

Guest BoostedZ350

LOL That is pretty funny. But on a serious note the motor is already in the car. I asked him today about letting me take pictures to prove it. He told me no since I am a member on this board. That kind of pissed me off, but oh well he is going to do the swap for me at a lower price than before. He just bought an FD he plans on swapping in a LS-1. He has what looks to be a TT kit for the LS-1 going into that FD. I think he bought all the stuff from Hinson. If he did they will probally have that car together before mine is done since it's a bolt on kit for the FD along with the TT kit built just for the LS-1 swapped FD. I see the "*******" persay in him you guys speak of, but the dude sure as hell has plenty of throw away money and sure as hell has the cars and know how to back up what he has been telling and showing me. I am going to go ahead and use him. If he screws me then he screws me if he doesn't I will praise him where praise is due.

If he screws me then he screws me if he doesn't I will praise him where praise is due.

I just want to know why, if he has all this money and know-how, I was sent a butchered rehash (read: "exact duplication minus 4 chapters") of someone else's manual.

Wtf sense does that make? :confused:

He still owes me $6.50 for the fees it cost me to get my money back from the USPS. :mad:

Well, I've detoured this thread enough. The original poster hasn't been back to say much, though.

One of the most important questions I have about the swap is the wiring part. Does anyone know what kind of harness I will need or special adapters for the ECU.

Check www.painlessperformance.com . They have something called the PERFECT Engine Management System that you can use for LS1 hybrid swaps.

Also, where can I buy the REAL [/b']LS1 to Z32 motor swap manual???

As far as I'm concerned, there isn't a real manual for this.

!M!