HybridZ

Ultra Rare..I Found My Cartech Z Brochure..Pics

slownrusty

An online first.....only at Hybridz (although I will share with our neigbs at zcar.com)

I thought I would start a new thread as soooo many people ask about sidedrafts and turbos.

Well I knew I had an "Original" condition perfect Cartech brochure and came across it last night when going through some stuff in the basement. Thankfully the ex- did not take that box...breath a sigh of relief!

Proof that I was a car nut, I wrote away to Corky and got this brochure after seeing an ad. in an old Road and Track...think 1988 when I was 17 years old! Yup been in love with Turbo technology and Datsun Zs that long.

Anyway you guys will find this interesting...I also asked Corky to include print-outs of prices (see below) and also include a brochure on his turbo'd BMW 635CSI project, his turbo'd 1983 Supra 5MGE project AND the upgrades he had for the newly launched Mazda RX7 Turbo...all which I still have...LOL..

I tried scanning in the price list for the Zs but it was done on a (LOL) dot-matrix printer and is fading badly, so the scans are too light to read...

Without further-a-do:

Cartech Price List -Dec 5th 1988-

1) Complete Intercooled Turbo System gives 285hp at 9psi and up to 340hp at 15psi on a L26 (forged pistons recommended for 15psi). 400hp available on a L28. Price: $4200

2) Water cooled section for turbo. Price: $300

3) Mandrel 2.5" exhaust. Price: $285

4) Electronic Boost Controller. Price: $570

Cost to install items 1-4 at Cartech's Shop: $1600

Turbo system with blow through Mikunis and no intercooler. Price: $3385

Turbo system with blow through Holley 4bl and no intercooler. Price: $2120

(Both safe to 8psi)

There are 6pages of pricing I have that incl. Suspension packages, Flywheels, oil coolers etc etc...

114149617.jpg

114149622.jpg

114149634.jpg

114149644.jpg

Note the performance figures and the description of the "Compressor By-Pass Valve" and the comparissons to Porsche and the BMW 745i.

Enjoy!

Yasin

alot of ppl have fmics like that with top to bottom endtanks and same side inlet/outlets.

its sorta common, just there pretty pricey.

i think Chris on this site paid almost 500 for his and that was a killer deal.

its a spearco i think, atleast his is i think.

very clean install, but everything about his car was super sweet.

mike

Guest JAMIE T

That is actually the most effective intercooler design, Not including water to air of course..

Wait, the one you posted a link to is a very poor design. Corky Bell's book, "Maximum Boost" explains that more, short tubes is more effeciant than few longer tubes.