HybridZ

Fiberglass dash?

Bimmerman

I have one of those for my 240z. Fit and finish was very nice. I also have PDK's rear strut brace. I spoke with Marc from PDK and he was a real nice guy, answered all of my questions, great customer service! Fit and finish on the dash was good. You will need to fab mounts for the dash. Also, keep in mind this is intended as a "racing" piece. You will need all new guages and the heater controls are (to me anyways) not worth the trouble to retro fit into the new dash. I plan on adding guages and maybe some simple switches instead. Marc sent me a few pics of some installs they did in house. Send them an email and I'm sure they will call or write back and answer any questions you might have. The $100 off special they have right now sounds nice too!

i want one but i have talked to other members and we had a concern about glare due to the smooth painted finish.

anyone have one painted and installed?

have any problem with glare from the sun?

anyone have one painted another color other than black?

I also have one of these. It is a very nice piece and looks great in the car. I'm not using the heater controls (track car) and the mounts were pretty simple to make. Autometer gauges look great in the dash. THe car is still in the making so the dash has never seen the light of day. I would imagine if glare was a problem, a flat paint, black or other wise would, solve this problem.

Hey, sorry I'm in the same boat as Mark, still in the works. My car won't be on the road until sometime next year (hopefully) but the finish on the dash doesn't seem like it would glare much in the sun. I have held it in sunlight and I think it will be OK as is from PDK. It would also be very easy to scuff lightly and paint if you desire to.

That reminds me, I need to weld up some mounts.................!

It says 30 pound savings. Only weighs 7 pounds

I believe this may be in ref. to dash for dash weights. If that is true then you will also be able to drop a few more pounds when you lose the HVAC and stereo systems if you decide to go that route. Also, my Autometer Ultra-Lite guages are alot lighter than the stockers. :cool:

i want one but i have talked to other members and we had a concern about glare due to the smooth painted finish.

anyone have one painted and installed?

have any problem with glare from the sun?

anyone have one painted another color other than black?

I'm using a dash cap sanded and sprayed smooth. No problems with glare for me. There was another post on this a while back with some pix of mine.

Owen

I have one i need to get rid of.... i bought it from AMIR ( blue 240 with sr swap) I have decided to go with an aluminum dash setup. make an offer. It needs to be resanded and painted if you wanna go that route (they all do dont they?)

anyone still have pics of that dash around?

I will post a pic later cant do it from work

I guess it is time for me to chime in now....

I have the first one (Prototype) and it has been in my car for some time. A track car, it does not glare any more than the stock dash would when clean and new...

Painting is a good option...enclosed is a link to photos of mine installed.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/data/552/0001.JPG

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/data/500/932P1010096.JPG

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/data/500/932Fiberglass_dash_photo.jpg

heres the one i have. these pics are when it was in Amirs car. Its currently over at teh chassis shop and i cant get pictures of it but its still in the same shape as pictured. basically took it ouf the box and on the shelf.

dash3.jpg

dash2.jpg

dash.jpg

Does not come with the gages :>