HybridZ

Im starting to like my job :D

Guest ON3GO

For some of you that dont know i work for a Import/Euro based repair and performance shop. Mostly repair but lately we have been getting alot of performance jobs which i love but is taking all my away time from finishing my blue Z.

RIGHT NOW im doing:

A SR20DET swap in a S12 200sx (yes a old project of mine and a friends). its getting megasquirt, custom fmic install, custom wiring, and alot of other goodies.

AE86 Hatchi with a 4AGE motor with aries forged pistons, arp hardware, HKS turbo manifold, T28 turbo, custom fmic install, megasqurit and alot more, pretty much building the motor to throw whatever we want at it.

TWO mr2's that are n/a and are getting turbo swaps, one Gen 2 and one Gen 3. on one im doing a Trunk Mount intercooler setup which i think is pretty cool!

S13 240sx that we are putting a redtop SR20DET and alot of other goodies from the front clip were getting.

FD RX7 in need of alot of repair work but a few bolt ons and TLC :(...

best part is me and my buddy are setting up one of the rear MR2 clips were getting for a V6 swap.. will make all the mounts on the clip and do all our homework and etc on it. Then once i get abit of money im buying this 1995 MR2 Hardtop n/a for under 2k :D that is need of a engine and tranny and ill drop in the camary V6 and solora 5 speed with a TRD supercharger and call it day.... well call it a daily driver as i might sell my new scion xB if i do this MR2.

once i get that together ill be onto the FD rx7.. but it will be awhile for that project but it will be next!

found a 1980 (i think) porsche 911 S that needs some work for a low low price of $1300.. so im thinking about that too but i have to many things to take on right now so i doubt it.

anyways i just wanted to share, i didnt think i would like work that much but its getting better.

still no girlfriend but plenty of cars hahaha.

BUT i did have a date the other day and i took the Ferrari out for it.... i hit a damn dead raccoon or something!!!! i thought i messed something up but i didnt, i guess ferrari built there cars sorrrrrrta strong :)

mike

well turbo mr2's are fun and can make tons of power, but for road racing a n/a powerband is better (not always but i like driving them faster n/a over turbo) in a MR2 and with the V6 torque and the smooth power you get with the supercharger ( i guess its not really n/a then) it turns into a AWESOME ride.

mike

Performance jobs are so much fun.

And superchargers although forced induction still offer a linear powerband almost identical to a NA motor. (you probly new this, i'm just stating it so it gets said)

Is the camry v6 aluminium? If so i'd call it a good swap.... get the z done dude.

First of all I'm jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous, that one you know how and can do all that work yourself. And two that you are getting to do it in what seems to be a very respected shop. Thats awesome but did I mention that I'm jealous??? Must be nice to live in Texas instead of Cali smog wise. Just curious do you have ASE certification and that such, go to wyotech or something, or just have raw know how of what to do?

Tyson

HKS manifold i got on ebay of all places.

i dont have any ASE's but i did take the test for manual trannys, Engine Performance, Basic engines (i think its called that), Suspension and Brakes and Electrical and passed them all. so when i get my two years in ill be ASE, but i dont really care as it wont affect my pay at my shop im at now.

ya the toyota V6 is alum... it is a badass swap!

Bought a Gen 3 mr2 turbo engine today and have a line on a RB25DET clip and RB26DETT clip, a few 1JZ clips and even a full R32 GTR skyline.. PM if intertested..

ALSO!!! i can get some Q45 engines dirt cheap, whatever i can get them for ill sell them for that price... guy needs to get rid of some and he has like 6 that i counted.

mike

i went to UTI but they didnt teach me anything to do with performance stuff.

if you want to repair new cars and work in a dealership its the place to go.

mike