HybridZ

Question about RB26dett

AK-Z

Since the RB26dett uses a transfer case to transfer the power to the front wheels, can't you just remove the front drive shaft and swap oil pans to have it RWD? is the transfer case a "locked" transfer case or is it a "differencial" type?

Guest JAMIE T

The popular method is to use the RB25DET tranny. Some guys have adapted the ZXTT 5 spd tranny.Then, a few guys are running the GM automatics. I don't know anything about the GT-R tranny.

You can remove the driveshaft and you will have to plug the hole. Power feeds directly through the transfer, to the rear wheels. There is a clutch-pack similar to that of an automatic that, when applied, sends power to the front. Otherwise, it's the same as a conventional rwd set-up. You cna even take the guts out of the transfer to eliminate any paracitic losses. You may have trouble with the transfer interfering with the tunnel.

Hey AK-Z. do you know what the color is to those cars in your sig?

Sorry I don't know the name I just changed the hue from a burgendy.

AK-z we still need to get together sometime...i would like to check out your car.

Yeah I know. I thought you stopped by at one point, but I was out. The cars are in really rough shape even though the glass is still good.

I just asked because I was looking at pictures of the AWD trany and wondering that from the size of the tranfer case that would have a any form of rear/front power transfer.

People here are starting to use the 26 trans because the FR 33 one is getting rare. 26 trans' are everywhere; you can't give them away, especially the 32 version. Nissan doesn't make the syncros for this box anymore, so when overhauling, you must upgrade to the 33 syncros and first three gears on the main. $$$

Hi Matt, please tell me what the "fr 33 " box is?

thanks

joel

People here are starting to use the 26 trans because the FR 33 one is getting rare. 26 trans' are everywhere; you can't give them away, especially the 32 version. Nissan doesn't make the syncros for this box anymore, so when overhauling, you must upgrade to the 33 syncros and first three gears on the main. $$$