HybridZ

RB26DETT with 6spd RWD?

Ed260Z

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JAMIE T

Maybe he is STILL confused and it is an RB25 instead of a RB26. Ask him how many turbo's are hung off the side of the motor. Could be the engine was pulled from a GTS-T... RB26 swaps into them is not uncommon.

Does the RB tranny and the 6 speed 350Z tranny have the same 10 bolt center section?

If so then it may be possible to mate a 6 speed to the RB. I traded a friend a 87 turbo 5 speed that has the 10 bolt center section. He used his RB front half and put that on the 87 turbo tranny. All worked out just fine.

If this is not the case then maybe it CAN be the case.. ;)

i would like to know about the Z33 6-speed working with the RB motor.

maybe joel can speak on this.

also joel.... you have any of those billion 350Z 6-speeds that you bought forsale?

if this swap is doable i might want to try one on my new project.

mike

I don't know if this is true, however most 300ZX people stay away from the 6-speed due to its gearing. Meaning that it isn't the best for a turbo application. Anybody know about this theory?? (right or wrong). I don't trust the 300ZX forums very much, so its off to HybridZ to see if they're right. :P

Tyson

I'm sure if you put the right rear end with the six speed it would be ok...

I haven't tried it, but I saw the 350z gear ratios online somewhere and they looked to be a very close ratio, but that would work with a turbo car if you used a, say, 3:54 or 3:7. It all depends of course on which motor your going to use with it also....

I'll put it this way, if it would bolt up to my RB26 with no drama, I'd give it a shot in a second.... :lol:

Would the R200 LSD with 3.7:1 out of an 87-89 300ZX work well on a street driven RB26?

My planned build will produce between 350-400 Hp, to start. I think that this number would be resonable with Intake, Boost Control, Flashed ECU, Cams, and Exhaust modifications.

Would the R200 LSD with 3.7:1 out of an 87-89 300ZX work well on a street driven RB26?

My planned build will produce between 350-400 Hp' date=' to start. I think that this number would be resonable with Intake, Boost Control, Flashed ECU, Cams, and Exhaust modifications.[/quote']

The main thing to be concerned about as in the dif is the amount of torque that the crank is going to put out. If I recall correctly Stony went through 3 diffs already. I think he settled for a ford diff.

Don't you need to back half the car, to install the Ford 9"? That's a bit more fabrication than I'm looking to do to my car.

My reasoning for keeping the power below 400Hp, is so that I can keep my chassis modifications to a minimum. Strut Bars, Half Cage, and beefeir sub-frame under the floor boards to tie it together.

Guest Johnnys240z

The rb26 only comes with an awd (6spsd man.) tranny. The rear drive skylines use the RB25 with 5 speed or auto. He probably thinks you are swapping a RB26 into a 240sx s13/14/15. People use the RWD tranny from RB25 5 spd to adapt to the chassis. I dont think any of the tranny's listed will interchange, unless a adapter plate is used