HybridZ

Help Have Blown Z32 Swap LT1 LS1 2JZ or GN

Guest camaro5842

Guest camaro5842

Hey I am new to the forum. I have done alot of searching and I have read up on most of the swaps in the Z32. I recently bought a 91 300ZX TT with a hyrolocked motor for $3,200 delievered. I am trying to make up my mind what to swap in. I have considered LS1 first seams to be good swap and lots of power potential. GN V-6 Turbo was would be cool and fit easier than a v-8 or L6 I also thought about 2JZ swap but it seems the motor is to heavy and large and will be the hardest swap. I also own a 1994 Chevy camaro with fully built lt1, eagle rods je pistons, ligenfelter cams, cnc ported heads, eagle rockers, slp headers and a intercooled procharger kit. I was planning on selling the car to fund the swap. It also has 18" vette rims 9" ford rearend and 67K orignal miles and 30K on built motor. I figured I would get around $9,000 for the car. Then I thought what if I just took out the 6-speed and LT1 engine and used that for the swap and sold off the remaining camaro for around $4,000. What do you guys think sorry this is a long write up but I got knowone else to run this idea buy and I dont have a fortune to spend but I am trying to do the most I can with my money. I am just trying to figure out if I should sell the camaro and buy a LS1 and 6-speed and supercharge it later or just use what I have and sell of what is rest of the camaro.

I like the idea of dropping the LT1 in the Z32 but I think your $4000.00 price for a 94 Camaro with no engine and tranny is a bit of a reach. I don't think the LT1 or LS1 swap would vary much as far as the amount of work you'll need to do. The LS1 will give you a lighter more modern engine with a large after market starting to form and the LT1 gives you a known quantity you are already familiar with. Hard to go wrong either way but you'll have better luck selling that Camaro if it's a complete running car.

Wheelman

Yeah' date='

He said we was considering pulling the engine/tranny and then selling the remains for $4000.00. I think that is a bit much to ask for a 94 Camaro with no engine and tranny.

Wheelman[/quote']

opppps im an idiot! Sry! yea that seems pretty high considering you can find some rough v8 camaros for that price

Guest camaro5842

$4,000 may seen high but it wont be just a normal camaro that is left over it will have a 9" ford rearend with detroit lockers cost $2,500. New 18" vette rims with brand new tires. Welded in 8 point cage and weld in subframe connectors. Also car has great paint pearl white with single blue stripe with ss hood. I figured the body is worth $2,000 rearend is worth $1,000 and rims is worth $1,000

Guest camaro5842

Anyway the price of the Camaro isnt the real point here I am just trying to figure out which swap seems like the best way to go. Thanks for the imput guys. I am having a little trouble deciding also becuase I live in Mass and getting a sticker may prove to be a problems for emissions and I assume when you swap you loose the air bags.

Guest traub83

the lt1 will prob be the easiest swap, then the GN then the 2jz!!

ever think about gettin just a sbc and doin a mild build up of it and sellin the camaro and pocketin some cash and still have a good motor that hauls arse in the Z??

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DriftingisLame

personally I wouldnt even consider trying to put a straight 6 in a z32. There is a ton of room or a V formation motor, but absolutely no room lengthwise. I'm helping a friend put an RB25 in a z32, and I would never do this myself. Theres only 1 RB26 that i know of in a z32 and it gives the words "shoe horned in" a whole new definition.

So in my opinion, for the love of God dont do a straight 6... I'd try the LS1 personally.

• 2 years later...

Nothing like digging up a 2 year old post...please check the dates on the posts you're about to reply to. This project car has probably already been completed and is either running or the idea was scrapped totally. Sometimes people don't update the threads when they complete a project, sometimes they even start a new one to show off their work, abandoning a thread in which questions were asked. Sorry for the bad news, but I doubt you'll get much more out of this thread.

The wonders that a search will do.

You know it actually sucks because on one hand if you ask a freakin questions like "What's the distance between the front of a Z32 and a RB26 or 2JZ?" Someone is bound to drop in and say search... then when you do search you don't find anything...

I guess I'm screwed either way... SO on side note, any clues as to the length of those motors?

I couldn't find anything

check out rbz32.com all the info you need on a rb swap is there.

Just in case you didnt see my last post.

Oh and i just went out and measured my motor... (rb26) is 30 inches from the mating face of the transmission to the front face of the damper