HybridZ

You Can be a Hero or a Fool

johnc

For those that want some serious speed around a race track:

http://sccaforums.com/forums/159737/ShowPost.aspx

Some lap times:

Willow Springs (big track): 1:30.xxx on 140 treadwear street tires.

Willow Springs (big track): 1:23.xxx on Hoosier RS03s.

Thunderhill: 1:58.xxx on 140 treadwear street tires.

Thunderhill: 1:53.xxx on Hoosier R3S03s.

On Hoosiers it can run with and beat Radical SR3s.

otc_mumford.jpg

its still such a shame what happened to him.

heard he was such a great and nice guy too.

who ever buys that will have one of the best prepped street cars ever!

mike

I've seen those cars race too, they're a wild sight especially when they blow by me in the ITX car. They are 15 seconds faster than the ITX car at Laguna. I'm finally racing T-Hill in my DSR after some time off for repairs. I hope to get down to lap times like Paul's (and I have slicks). I managed to shorten my DSR with about ten other cars at Infineon a while back. This is the last race of the season so off I go.

I was driving a SRF at a Friday practice at Buttonwillow and SCCA put all the sports racers and open wheel cars in one practice group. I was OK with the S2000s, CSRs, DSRs, Formual Fords, but the Formula Atlantics just scared the crap out of me when they went by.

I would check my rear view mirrors before each turn and maybe see a dot back at the start of the straight I was just completing. By the time I checked my mirrors for the next corner the FA was right on my ***, diving into the inside of the corner, and was gone...

Yeah, I just got my new helmetcamera.com set-up working for a race at Laguna. I know what you mean. Video for qualifying and racing looks like I was like sitting in the middle of a flash flood with all this $#!+ roaring past. I enjoyed the one time we raced DSR in the SRF group. Much more fun for me. P.S.: I highly recommend the Helmetcamera.com kit. The remote pushbutton start/stop and remote camera lens are great features.