HybridZ

Question about driveshaft spline-Rb26 conversion

Lotus7

I am doing conversion from 1977 Z to Rb26dett. I got the engine in the car. I have an Rb25det tranny. I have to make my own driveshaft. Can some help & tell me what driveshaft spline I need? Is the spline of 240sx or the 300zx TT will match the Rb25 tranny input shaft?

300ZXTT is the right one.

Jamie....appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

I will try to buy a used 300zxtt driveshaft and cut the spline

and give it to the custom driveshaft builder so he can custom

the length for me.

Again thank you.

Jaime

Any shop that does driveshafts should be able to get the yokes for you. I had mine made locally and all they did was count the splines.

JT

Thanks JT....I will bring the rb25 tranny and let them take a look and decide the right yoke and spline....thanks again

Guest JAMIE T

Actually, what I did was buy a racing one piece ZXTT driveshaft and I will have IT cut down. I did this because it had the correct yoke and flange for the ZXTT diff I am using. It has high quality u-joints and is real nice.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, what I did was buy a racing one piece ZXTT driveshaft and I will have IT cut down. I did this because it had the correct yoke and flange for the ZXTT diff I am using. It has high quality u-joints and is real nice.

Just for records: I found out the correct yoke (spline)using RB25det tranny is from Nissan Truck Pathfinder.

I was able to install my Engine (Rb26) and also positioned my Rb25 transmission. Took me two days plus the fabrication of the tranny support.

Thanks God, that thing is done before colds comes.

The stock clutch slave cylinder from the Z is different mount and it will not bolt to the RB25 tranny. Any other clutch slave cylinder that I can use that is available here in the U.S. ?

Is the 300zxTT clutch slave cylinder will work?

Thanks

240Z_Master: Pete is talking about getting the tranny and shaft and if he does then he will get dibs. If not and they get split up, Joel has dibs on the tranny if he decides he wants it and I think you were the first to ask about the shaft......pretty sure.

JT

240Z_Master: Pete is talking about getting the tranny and shaft and if he does then he will get dibs. If not and they get split up' date=' Joel has dibs on the tranny if he decides he wants it and I think you were the first to ask about the shaft......pretty sure.

JT[/quote']

Yeah, I just need the shaft. If Pete needs both let him, and if Joel wants the tranny, I'll take the shaft (pending price that is). But yea, no worries mate.

240Z_Master: Pete is talking about getting the tranny and shaft and if he does then he will get dibs. If not and they get split up' date=' Joel has dibs on the tranny if he decides he wants it and I think you were the first to ask about the shaft......pretty sure.

JT[/quote']

Hi JT. If Pete and Joel decide not to get the tranny, I am interested. Thanks.

I was able to install my Engine (Rb26) and also positioned my Rb25 transmission. Took me two days plus the fabrication of the tranny support.

Thanks God' date=' that thing is done before colds comes.

The stock clutch slave cylinder from the Z is different mount and it will not bolt to the RB25 tranny. Any other clutch slave cylinder that I can use that is available here in the U.S. ?

Is the 300zxTT clutch slave cylinder will work?

Thanks[/quote']

Nope youll have to get one from japan. A couple guys here can help you out.

Matt (motorworx) is in japan and gets pretty good price foe it/.... if i remember right a new will cost around 12000-15000 yen. once you have one the 300 z slve rebuild kit will work.