HybridZ

Pinks

jbc3

You are speculating on the weight of that car. I am willing to bet that car loaded with the driver is closer to 2700#. Until that is proven and/or a timeslip is produced, all this is doing is hijacking the original thread. Oh, BTW, the difference between running 9.90 and 8.90 in a 2700# car is about 170rwhp so saying things like it should runs 8s or 9s shows some lack of knowledge of what it takes to go that quick.

As for "Pinks", I watch it but it is painful. This past episode took the cake. That was lame. Something lame about a 30-min show featuring a car that probably barely run 14s.

JBC3, I had heard some rumors that the whole "lose your car" bit was staged and no one really lost their car or there were some agreements ahead of time. Guess I was wrong.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DoTheDrew888

jbc3,

Im in NC also and I go to Carolina Auto Masters every once in a while. I dynoed my car there several months ago. Are you a memeber of Triangle Z Club (I don't recognize your car)? What track are you talking about that is closing soon? Also, what track was the Pinks event held at?

My personal opinion on the show is that it has some potential but right now its stupid. I really think the host is a dusche-bag and the show would be MUCH better if they got a cooler host. Also, as mention before there are way too many commercials during the show. Other than that I think its pretty realist as far as negotiations. I used to street race a lot in High School and there were always stupid arguments like that. We also had guys give each other lengths some times, usually only one or two at the most though. That T/A looks like a beast btw.

DoTheDrew888, I live in Maryland. Not a member of the Triangle Z club. The track I'm talking about is 75 & 80 Dragaway that is closing and Pinks was filmed at MIR (Maryland International Raceway).

I have known Jeff for many years, he's a good guy. Hopefully he see's a bump in business from sponsoring a car on Pinks.

Jody

Jeff Creech is one of the few people on the east coast who knows what the hell he is doing when it comes to software tuning... I'll be down there this Wednesday afternoon to get the Vette on the rollers for the final LS1 edit tune on the new motor.

It's a 3+ hour trip, but well worth it in the long run!

Mike

I don't know about you guys' date=' but i've never seen anyone give anyone lengths at a street race...........

All street racing i've seen has been 100% heads up. You might get to see your opposition run against someone else, but there isn't any "test" or "practice" runs.[/quote']

its been happening alot lately. Alot of people are safe racing now adays. My friend was going to race a subaru heads up, when the guy shows up, hes like give me 5 and the hit. We laughed and went home.

It reminds me of going down to LA "back in the day", with my 70 Datsun 510 wagon that had a fairly wicked little turbo motor.I listened to more than my share of trash talk and Guys would cry foul at the traction compound and the propane torch to heat up the road.I would always reply, "Don`t bring a knife to a gunfight".I still would never bet the car too many things could go wrong in a street race.

• 4 months later...

From a negotiating/deception point of view, Pinks works. This is one show where a Yugo could beat a Z06 based upon negotiation skills, and the ability to sandbag and make it look good. Because of this, the "horsepower" factor has been replaced with "strategy, wisdom, and knowledge". Anybody going to a Pinks event had better have his tactical ducks all in a neat row!

Just watched that... That was great. Greaterific. Great on a stick and great wrapped in bacon with a hot chick holding it.

Jeff Gilbert is the man.. Is he on any pain killers or anything? That guy was about as relaxed looking and sounding as anyone Ive ever seen. "What kind of gas mileage does it get?"

hahaha.