HybridZ

Well imagine that... I may end up keeping my 240zt yet AGAIN!!

Guest bastaad525

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've sold a couple of cars on ebay and done well. Two RX7s and one 240SX. Hell the 240SX didn't even have a title and one of the RX7s had been in a roll over accident.

I'd ebay it and put what you truly want as your minimum, and don't waste time with a buy-it-now price. It is a bit of a gamble, and yes you'll deal with a few peckerwoods, but you deal with those every day you leave your house... :lmao:

That's what I'd do if I really wanted to sell it... I don't think you really want to sell it though, now do you! :lmao:

Mike :2thumbs:

Guest bastaad525

mmm I do want to sell it more now then I did at first.

I know this is maybe blasphemic a bit but... the more I drive the SRT the more I like it but damn it really, really needs some more power. My next options for real, noticeable power gains are all pretty pricey, stage upgrades and exhaust and such. Whereas the Z is just sitting there gathering dust... I've driven it an average of once every two weeks, especially now with winter coming, there will be few times it will be good to drive the car.

So... now that I actually have a real use for that money if I get the Z sold... to make the SRT be about as quick as the Z is... yeah I'm leaning towards actually WANTING to sell it now.

I really just don't want to deal with Ebay jackasses... honestly I didn't even want to deal with an out of state buyer after that last guy got all fishy on me. Someone here recommended I do the transaction one way and one way only, cash in hand, and after that guy got all weird on me I think he was right... cash, and someone coming seeing the car in person instead of just pics over the internet, is the only way I can guarantee nothing is gonna go wrong and no one is gonna get or feel ripped off.

If this carries on long enough then yeah I'll probably put it on Ebay... sooner or later the prospect of getting major HP gains out of this SRT is gonna outweigh my loyalty to the Z and paranoia about dealing with an out of state buyer.

I really just don't want to deal with Ebay jackasses.

Someone here recommended I do the transaction one way and one way only' date=' cash in hand

paranoia about dealing with an out of state buyer.[/quote']

Actually i was probably one of those who said cash is God, Ebay isnt bad you just have to stipulate what you want. Describe as "Local only no out of state buyers and cash only. If you are from out of state and wanna buy it come see it with cash in hand before the auction ends." I know it cuts down a lot of potential buyers but at least it weeds out what you dont wanna' deal with.

Guest bastaad525
Actually i was probably one of those who said cash is God, Ebay isnt bad you just have to stipulate what you want. Describe as "Local only no out of state buyers and cash only. If you are from out of state and wanna buy it come see it with cash in hand before the auction ends." I know it cuts down a lot of potential buyers but at least it weeds out what you dont wanna' deal with.

I might try that... I wasn't even sure if I could say 'local only' on ebay.

I am having visions of some crazy high *** bidding... if I could get my original asking price of $6k that would be SWEEEEET. I'm gonna start watching some Z's on there and see if the trend I remember is still going, of Z's going for way more than what logic says they should sell for.