HybridZ

Well imagine that... I may end up keeping my 240zt yet AGAIN!!

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

nothings definite as of yet... some things have changed with my wifes work situation, basically she'll be bringing home a bit more money now :D

SO... there's a chance I may end up hanging on to the Z after all... it's STILL up for sale, but I have not yet had a serious buyer... I really don't want to lower the price any more, and even my wife, who I know part of her REALLY wants that car gone... even she surpised me by agreeing that I should NOT lower the price any farther... it's no longer a desperation issue of us *needing* that money... so we've agreed that if no one's biting for that price, then the car stays.

It's great but kinda sucks at the same time. Part of the condition of keeping the car is it can't be a money pit anymore... so other than maintanence, any further upgrading is out of the question. Well... it's quick enough, so I'm not really stressing that part, but still had stuff I wanted to do like bushings (may still be able to sneak that one in at some point as a 'safety issue'), better brakes (ditto), and full 3" exhaust (basically out of the question now). I still have the 300zx ECU and MAF... since it's here she MAY allow me to pay to get that installed at some point (maybe I can convince her on that one by saying it will get way better gas mileage? not 100% sure if that will be true or not though....) but probably not any time soon.

Of course, there's also the fact that at the moment I'd rather put money into upgrading my new car instead of the Z which won't be driven much ESPECIALLY now that winter is almost here. To think, for less than a grand I can get the SRT to be putting down more power than and be almost as quick as the Z, but will handle and stop better, has a stereo/heater/AC, doesn't kill me with fumes, etc. etc. etc. :D I guess in the end the Z is still more FUN (that may change once I bump power up in the SRT)... and... well... it's a Z :D that's my dream car, so there's still some great satisfaction that comes along with driving it.

Ah well, I've gone on long enough ;) just thought I'd share the news... poor girl... she get's this great news about her job, and all I can think about is the car :(

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bastaad525
SOLD Ill take it... j/k I wish i knew about a week ago you where selling it I would of bought it, This week I about an Focus for a Transportation car..... damb..... well congradulations.....

Dude... it's been in the classifieds for like a month :P

b_sosick - one of the trippiest things about owning this car is that everyone does seem to like it quite a bit, my friends all have the same way-out responses when I mention I'm selling it like "no way!" or "your an idiot" ;)

Seriously though for people that don't even own or ever really ride in the car it seems like a lot of people would actually miss it, and most know how much I've been through and stuff and just can't believe I'd even THINK of selling it ... "man that's your BABY! you can't sell it!"

ah well... like I said... keeping it, this time... isn't really my choice, rather, it's the choice of all the guys who DIDN'T buy it already! Funny thing though how many people were lining up to buy it when the motor was shot... now I got it all squared away and no one's really interested :P

You know... I posted a while back and asked if $6k was a reasonable price for the car, and most everyone thought it was... now it's down to $5k and still no buyers. Seriously am I just asking too much or what??

Guest bastaad525
Give me a month to get a job and Ill buy it for 5k cash

*shrug* it will probably still be for sale by then.... at this point I'm so 50/50 about really wanting to keep it, but $5k in my hands could quickly sway me :D

what kind of work are you in that you can make $5k in a month?!?!?!?

Guest bastaad525

on the 300zx ECU, probably not. Honestly it's kinda 'on loan'. It was donated to me, but my part of the agreement (had a feeling it was coming) was that if I decided to sell my car before installing, if the guy wants the 300zx stuff back I'll send it back.

I didn't want to go bugging him about it until it looked like I had a serious buyer... so I dunno. I'd feel bad to include it, and it's not included in any part of any of my ads, but who knows he may say "eh just keep it". The '83 dizzy is included though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bastaad525

well... this might really be it. There is a guy coming to see the car this friday (nov 4th), he's already seen the pictures, read all the description, everything.

He really likes what he's seen and heard so far, even after I told him about the bit of rust here and there, and says he's got the money in cash right now ready to go if he ends up taking it.

This is the closest I've had to a really serious buyer who isn't trying to haggle the price and isn't bugging with questions like "can I drive it every day?? what would I need to have working A/C?"... stuff the car was never intended for. This guy wants to take the car and make it a track car, put an LSD and fat tires and I dunno what else, but that whole 'mission' is definatley much more in line with what is already done on the car. I gave up the notion of it being a daily driver long ago and just concentrated on going fast.

Anyways... so I dunno, he'll be here friday to see it up close and we'll go for a ride but he sounds pretty definite. And then that's it for me owning a Z, at least for a long time.

But if for some reason he doesn't like it and doesn't buy it, I think I'm going to pull the ads from the classifieds and just keep it.

So either way this friday is going to decide it for me one way or the other. I'll let you guys know.

Guest bastaad525

eh, at this point I have such strong feelings that are evenly split right down the middle, for and against... they are just kinda canceling themselves out and leaving me blank... totally neutral on the whole thing. Whatever happens, happens. I will let the car sell itself, I'm just going to be there relaying the info. If he loves it, so be it, I've already got plans for the money. If he finds all kinds of things not to like about it, so be it. I've lived with it a long time, I already know all it's strengths and imperfections, and accept them, and can continue to live with them (gladly) if he decides not to buy. I'll continue to drive it at least once a week (or at least to try, weather permitting), taking it out on a 'warm up' run around the town and continuing to put almost anyone else who dares think they can keep up back in their place :D . And yeah, I'll keep fixing it as need be. And unless some emergency comes up that forces ortherwise, I will not list her for sale again.

Point is I'm not going to try to trump it up, or play down any imperfections... this is probably going to be the most honest job of car-salesman-ing that has ever been done, because in truth it almost doesn't matter to me if it sells or not... either way I win, and either way I lose.

In less than 48 hours, we'll know either way :D

Guest bastaad525

well... good and bad news.

The guy never called. Said he'd call today (friday) after he got off work at like 6pm. So far he has always called exactly when he said, like ON THE DOT, so I dunno. After our last conversation I got kinda of a wierd vibe from him like I pissed him off because he wanted to come see the car on Wednesday but I ended up sleeping in late (haven't been sleeping well lately). But it sounded like it wasn't a problem because he said he wouldn't be ready to pick it up until friday either way, so I thought it'd just be better to just do the whole thing on friday and save him a trip.

But he sounded kinda miffed... I dunno, it was really weird. So I dunno if he's gonna call back or is just not interested anymore.

As if a sign or to try to make it harder to sell (maybe I did it subconciously *oops*), I was working on the SRT-4 today installing a new wastegate actuator, and was trying to get a socket extension from a box in my storage spot above where my Z is parked, and I accidentally knocked down a can of spray paint that landed right on the Z's hood. Took a nice little chip of the cheap earl sheib paint right off, like a dime size cut in half. SUCKS!!!! But, as so-so as the paint is, and the fact that the car has plenty of dings anyways... guess I'm not as bothered by it as I thought I'd be. On the flip side I've now got THREE other people who want to come see the car within the next week, whereas before I had none. Me and the wife gonna talk about it tonite... we kinda agreed if it didn't sell this time I'd just stop trying... we'll see.

It's no biggie, he probably just found another car. It's typical to setup several cars and to take the first one that you see, if you had been the first you would have made the sale. The reason why he didn't call you back to tell you hegot another car is because you pissed him off, but regardless of pissing off or not he would have checked your car out if he hadn't found another car.

I'm not psychic, but I have bought enough cars and that's my MO. you shouldn't be depressed or offended, it's just business.

Guest bastaad525

eh screw him then. If it were me, I'd have called to say "hey bud I can't make it I found another car" or whatever, knowing someone might be waiting around for me to come check out their car. Courtesy is just a thing of the past these days eh?

eh screw him then. If it were me, I'd have called to say "hey bud I can't make it I found another car" or whatever, knowing someone might be waiting around for me to come check out their car. Courtesy is just a thing of the past these days eh?

Consideration, kindness, and courtesy are on the wane, it's all part of a great cycle.

We are in the Waning Gibbous of our great society it'll get worse before it gets better. The long winter is ahead, metaphorically speaking.