HybridZ

2JZGTE 240z update and pictures

Z-Gad

Hello all, I took the time to snap a few more photos and update the album, so I thought I'd show some progress...

Special thanks to majik16106 for the sale of the Boyd Coddington's. They are just what the doctor ordered. BTW, Speeder's old HRE's will have a home on my daily driver once I flare the car. I just figured the 2JZ car would need the 285's on the rear more than the 77 280zt. :wink:

I still have some work ahead of me, but it is all just piddling stuff. (putting in interior, cleaning up wires, bleeding the brakes again as the pedal is too soft..., mirrors, etc) I drove the car up the street and around the block. The TH400 shifts very solid (have to manually shift it as it has a manual valve body). I need to run down to the DMV on Monday and register the car. Hopefully I can take care of some of the little stuff so I can put some miles on it and start tuning.

Here's a link to my album...Enjoy!!

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7981

I bought it from a guy on Supraforums. com

I believe this particular one was made by Precision, but Sound Performance and others do the conversion as well.

Anyway, it consists of a 2JZ bell housing, 2JZ flexplate, custom bolt pattern 4500 stall converter, adaptor plate bolted between the tranny pump and bell housing, and tranny blanket. The guy was going back to a manual tranny and was selling the converted TH400 to do so. He was complaining about a vibration in the driveline, and let it go pretty cheaply. I was just at the right place at the right time. It came with a two piece driveshaft which is where I attributed the vibration. I had a nice 3" single piece driveshaft made and haven't noticed any vibration.

Yep, that gray ...err.. supposed to be white (LOL!!) Z is my daily driver. It may receive some attention in the near future as well, now that the yellow car is getting driveable. I am not sure about the 6th, but as soon as I am able, I will have the car out for shake-down passes :wink:

You know me!!

Yep' date=' that gray ...err.. supposed to be white (LOL!!) Z is my daily driver. It may receive some attention in the near future as well, now that the yellow car is getting driveable. I am not sure about the 6th, but as soon as I am able, I will have the car out for shake-down passes :wink:

You know me!![/quote']

Oops, sorry Mike. My bad. I looked at the pics again and I think I have to check my eyes. It's white now LOL ;D

looks great!

goes to show ya.. you really should be older and have a good paying job to build a Hybridz.... us young guys just cant get something that awesome at our age..

but hey atleast we got a good start :D

Mike that thing looks sooo awesome. color, wheels (im glad u got ronin's wheels!), engine colors, etc etc etc.. just pure awesome!

mike

goes to show ya.. you really should be older and have a good paying job to build a Hybridz.... us young guys just cant get something that awesome at our age..

LOL!! baby steps my firiend!!

I have had the shell of the car in the garage for 8 years collecting parts (not to mention dust). My wife affectionately called it "the box car" as it was covered with boxes for most of that time. It was not until last fall did I begin assembly of it. I have been a student working part-time as a waiter at Disney all along (still don't have a good job and I am now at the Delta Connection Academy working on my commercial pilot's license and instructor ratings, unable to work due to the time involved in the course). My wife on the other hand has a good job :wink: and is very understanding!!