HybridZ

My Turbo festiva getting close to being done!

ULISES

This project has taken a really long time to finish.Finally here is some major progress,I want to be having fun driving this car.It has been 11 month's since i took it to the shop.Hopefully it will be out soon!

fuelrailcovers067.jpg

fuelrailcovers070.jpg

fuelrailcovers071.jpg

fuelrailcovers072.jpg

fuelrailcovers076.jpg

fuelrailcovers069.jpg

congrats on the progress! i don't think i've ever even seen one of those things :]]]

what motor is that?

Engine came from a mercury capri Xr2,Its the same engine found in the Mazda 323gt/gtx.

Its a 1.6 dhoc turbo charged, 132hp stock.

NADA says 1700ish pounds stock. Still probably under 1800 with the upgrade. That's gonna blister a few Civics even in stock form. Most Civic EX's are 117-125hp stock and 2400+ pounds.

Pretty cool.

Thank's guy's!

I have most of the bolt ons,I should make over 170whp.It will be @ around 12lbs of boost for everyday driving and it should see 15 or 16 when going to the track + Slick's.I think mid to low 13's should be right with this set up.I will have a dyno sheet right after the car is out of the shop.

If you want to know the list of mods take a look at my page.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/77zeta

It was my cousin's wife car for like ten years! She is not fat though.

haha' date=' thats a great project. My other project I dont usually tell people about is a 1980 Fiesta. Totally different car, but everyone likes to call it a festiva.

(I want a GTX too!)[/quote']

It's funny my car gets called Fiesta alot!

Guest bastaad525

Is it just me or is that ONE HELL OF A TINY TURBO!!! I mean, a stock L28ET T3 is considered small... hell the turbo on my new SRT-4 is even smaller... but that thing looks frickin TINY!!!!

And this whole thing is running you like $3000 right???

I nominate you for the sleeper of the year award, fo' sho'!!! Seriously... if I had the money time and garage space, I'd probably do one of these myself. With the SRT I get to say "you just got dusted by a Neon".... I can only imagine the hurt for someone to realize they just got dusted by a FESTIVA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

That things a beast!

Can you elaborate on the "electronic exhaust cutout"?

I've heard of them but never quite understood the concept.

I say go to a bigger turbo (obviously not too large) and just spank lots of cars! Not even 2000 lbs? Shieeeeet. Sounds like lots of fun ^_^

I have the same engine in my '88 Mazda 323GT. The turbo is an IHI VJ11, and yes its pretty small, but thats factory fitted stuff from the '80s for you, its only spooling a 1.6L engine too, known as the B6T and is almost identical to the first gen. Miata motor.

Swap looks awesome Ulises!!! Keep it coming!

In my car I have a full 2.5" exhaust, turboXS manual boost controller, fully reprogrammed computer and I run 14-15psi all day....I have walked away from some big fish....not bad for a 18year old car with 170K on the clock.

Yasin

Guest bastaad525

those 323 gtx's or whatever, the awd ones... coolest... sleeper.... EVER!!!

Seriously though from the pic that turbos compressor housing... doesnt even have the characteristic 'snail shell' shape we are all used to... rather it looks like a little igloo :D

Is it just me or is that ONE HELL OF A TINY TURBO!!! I mean' date=' a stock L28ET T3 is considered small... hell the turbo on my new SRT-4 is even smaller... but that thing looks frickin TINY!!!!

And this whole thing is running you like $3000 right???

I nominate you for the sleeper of the year award, fo' sho'!!! Seriously... if I had the money time and garage space, I'd probably do one of these myself. With the SRT I get to say "you just got dusted by a Neon".... I can only imagine the hurt for someone to realize they just got dusted by a FESTIVA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D[/quote']

The turbo is a vj-11,i know tiny thing,I will go with a bigger one in the future.

Like it told you on your post,If you have the knowledge to do it yourself,You can do it for a little over $3000.Depending what you add to it,I added all the bolt ons.You don't have to unless you want to take full advantage of you engine.I added all bolt ons.

My ecu is reprogramed to reach up to 16lbs of boost.So i had to get an after market bov,bigger intercooler, and a boost controller.

If you were to find a festiva,You could for around $500 for a mint body.Then find the capri,This was the hardest part,I got it for cheap.I would buy the whole donor car again.And then sell some parts on e-bay again and make most of your money back.This capri's are rare so parts are wanted bad.I sold the two window motors for over $230,Also the headlight motors for like $100,And some other small parts.I would of end up making money out of selling parts,But i did not had the space to leave the car longer.

So lets say you pay another $500 for your engine,when you sold your parts.

If you do it yourself,and left it stock for sometime you have a mid 14 second car. for i'll say $1500 includin misc stuff.

The exhaust cutout will help my turbo spull quicker.I have an electronic cutout,Just a push of a botton will open it or close it.Maybe someone in here can explain exactly how it works,Cause i see this systems on N/A engines.