HybridZ

I must own a Boxster??

ZR8ED

I dunno.. you guys think my car looks like a Porsche boxster. I had the 280 out for a cruise last night... First real cruise this year...

Guy speeds by in Turbo Talon 4wd. I meet him at the next light. Guy rolls down window and says "wicked car man" and his GF echos the opinion. I say thanks, and go back to watching the lights. Just as the lights are changing, I hear the guy rev the hell out of the car, and launch with 4 wheels squealing! I pull easily away, and nail 1st! I squawked third as I rocketed by this guy... He held it till I shifted to 4th but he was a long way back.

We meet at the next light, and he says "that was F@#&*#@! awsome man is that a Porsche Boxster?" Hehehe I started laughing to myself and replied its a "Z".. he figured I meant a 300zx, and I mearly agreed not wanting to explain anymore..

His GF shouts over giggling "we kicked your ass man" hehehe

Guy says nothing.. then Comments on my "totally wicked sounding exhaust..is it a turbo?" Now I'm really laughing. :rolleyes:

We are rolling along now and he punches it right beside me, I stand on 2nd, and put 1 car length on him before you can say "Holy S#@$" Now they are going balistic in the car laughing and yelling that he had some mods and I just wasted him badly. :eek:

I tell him with a smile on my face.. "yea she goes pretty good eh?" :D

Thumbs up and waves are exchanged and they blast off on in front of me.

Next light.. guys folowing behind in nice pickup truck pull along side, and asked if I was driving a porsche and commented on how quick I pulled the guy in the talon.. I told them I was just playing with them a bit. Another "wicked car" comment and some thumbs up and they took off too. 2thumbs.gif

Later still.

Sitting in parking lot at local coffee shop. overhear some guys walking past talking about my wicked looking Porsche and arguing if it was a 911 or Boxster or something..

Geeez.

not many z's go cruising around here.. almost no one knows what it is.

Maybe I should find a Porsche badge? I'm pretty sure My car is a Datsun Z. ;)

Guest Zpeed

hahaha must be a boxter...

damn that sounds like good fun... i need some more HP... i got the damn bug..

good to hear that after so long getting ur project done, thats u getting so much praise.. even thou they said its a boxter,,, and just think how much less u spent and how much more HP u got than a boxter.. hehe...

get a big sticker or something saying its a damn Z

I have a book on the history of the Z, and they said the original designers wanted "the styling of a Jaguar with the size of a Porsche 911.."

Had pictures of both and you can really see where they took styling cues from both. Plus the turn signals from Peterbuilt ;)

Guest Anonymous

911,Jag, 250 GTO and vette. Look between the front wheel and door and there is the 63 corvette . They copied everything but who didn't

Guest scca

i had some dude last week pull up and tell me nice Daytona.ferrari.. i told him its not a daytona and he says but it is a ferrari isnt it?

i just laugh and tell him its a Z.. he looked SO puzzled twak.gif

for some odd reason it doesnt sound like a Z? :eek:

i get it all - old Jag, Jensen interceptor, porsche... had a group of guys looking at it last month (at a BBQ) and they were all wondering who owned the porsche!

speaking of Boxsters- a friend has a 99 and for some odd reason doesnt want to race??

Excellent story!!!!

Yep, it's either "Porsche" or "Jag." Whenever you flare a Z car, almost no one except the automotively astute can even recognize what it is.

I'm just waiting...

Davy

It's amazing to me that anyone born after 1980 has absolutely no clue what the car is. I mean, it was the car I always wanted when I was in high school, just like a lot of guys a generation ahead of me lust after a 69 camaro (at least I know what one looks like. Heck, I even want one)

Guest Zpeed

ummmm silicone boy, i'm 18, and i have a 260z, so i know what they are... hehe

also have 2-3 friends with Z's who i think would've been born after 1980...

hehe, but yer, my other friends, didn't know what my car was untill i told them..

Guest Anonymous

Hey I'm 19 and I've got two zeds!

hehe, ah the addiction..

yeah, I've gotten a couple weird comments about my car.. ranging from 'pwhoar, nice jag!' to 'wow, you put a six cylinder in it??'

ah well.. the new zed just confuses them even more.. I'm heading in to 'nice porsche' territory now!

one guy I know had his zed on display at a big show and had a couple people come up and say 'wow, thats a REALLY nice porsche'

hehe - gotta love it

Guest Zpeed

hehe... thanks.. ohhh and i like v8's in Z's also, so its another bonus...

but then again, we are both from australia, soo not sure about ur side of the earth...

Guest Anonymous

yeah, we both actually cruise together

hehe

but most people seem to like the zed here (regardless of age) and if they're hesitant, a quick spin around the block (or along some winding mountain roads) seems to change their mind pretty quickly

both of mine have pretty hardcore stereo setups too .. so after a nice cruise, pretty much anybody is convinced that the zed is the ultimate car!

*sigh*

gonna be sad to see the orange one go.. (up for sale soonish)