HybridZ

Really Cool Hybrid

Lunar240z

There was a write up about these guys awhile back in Car & Driver. They road tested a mini built for a customer with a 220hp Type R VTEC, and it was almost uncontrollably fast. The car weighs less than 1800lbs. Here's the link to the article online

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=26&article_id=9029&page_number=1

Dave

Having had a race prepped 66 Mini Cooper when I was stationed in Germany, they have a warm spot in my heart for them. Cool site.

I remember several years ago someone was making a kit car that was a tube chassis, fibreglass replica Cooper that used a Heyabusa for power. They were talking a complete vehicle weighing in at @850 pounds with the power of that big bike motor.

I posted a thread about my old man's honda powered mini in here a couple of years ago. He has build a fleet of various minis over the years. His vtec mini weighs approx 1250 pounds and I think his last dyno was about 230 hp at the wheels.

There are a few honda kits out there but you have to modify the front subframe and the mini does get pretty front heavy. Still the car is insanely fast and you can finally have a fast mini that doesn't go thorugh a gearbox every six months. Nothing handles quite like an original mini!

Very cool site,

As well as a Z i also have a 1960 Mini Racecar, x Canadian Saloon Car Championship winner (now a Turbocharged 1370cc 200+HP and it only weighs 550kg). I have raced against a 197hp 1600cc Vtec powered mini and i smoked him, much to his surprise!

My Mini below, (it will be for sale soon if anyone is interested)

Clint_s_Racecar1.jpg