HybridZ

Anyone have BBS LM's on there Z?

I"ll have to dig through some "stuff", but I'm pretty sure I can get a set of those in the width I was looking for in 17inch size for about $1400. When you consider that CCWs are only about $1800 shipped, might want to check them out as well...

Mike

I'll throw out another comment here...

Make sure you know what you're buying when doing "knock-offs" especially if you plan to do any high speed events. BBS wheels are manufactured to the highest standards in the world. Their wheels won't come appart like the HRE wheels that have been put on the ban list by SCCA.

You defenitely want strength over light weight. A lot of these aftermarket wheels are fine for street use. But I'd not run them on the track.

Mike :cool:

I have 17 x 7 RacingHart C2's on my 240Z. This wheel looks very similar to the wheel sans the rivets. These also have center covers that give the appearance of a true knock-off (no, not a cheap wheel). Their not up to BBS quality but are a very good wheel just the same. I'd trust them on the track. The look is awesome in my opinion and works well with the 30 y.o. lines of the Z.

When choosing wheels, be aware that there are cast wheels and there are forged wheels......the latter being more expensive. The forged wheels are usally the lightest and are intended for racing. The forging process results in a stronger grain structure and allows the wheel to be built light but yet strong. However, cast wheels are fine but usally weigh more and cost less and will typically survive the many obsticles the street has to offer.

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure about them when I got them either.

They're ASA wheels from a couple of years ago and I've had them sitting around.

Tire rack sells ASA and they're licensed by BBS so I thought they should be ok until I figure out the whole setup.

I was trying to see what I could fit under the fenders with coil overs and spaced out enough to clear the wilwood calipers.

The 245.245.17 tires are about as wide as I can go now.

Not sure I like the huge wheel look on the car and but I'm thinking I'll be changing it around as I'll want some more rubber on the road.

It's got a stock LS1/T56 in it now but I've already got a cam, intake and valve train stuff that should push it over 400hp at the rear wheels.