HybridZ

Finally got the stroker with the lightened pistons in the car! (PICS)

1 fast z

• 2 weeks later...

yeh i wana see some numbers .. still i havnt found anyone who runs the ld28 block and crank combo like i did! you can run the longer rod and its safer to bore. im running 45mm sk racing carbs on mine. mine sees 8k no problem. i need to make it down to the dyno! these motors love to rev when you have a light flywheel, balanced and knife edged crank. one of the fastest reving engines i have ever seen.

looks like a p90a, shaved down quite a bit. its also got some massive ports and valves. im sure once you put that 510 cam in you hit 8k no prob.

i would never trust a fram filter after seeing it opened up. a wix filter is leagues away from a fram in everyway. cut them both open sometime.

what piston and bore did you end up using?

well, Ill answer for him, since Ive ridden in it and even driven it!

it runs on pump gas. no additives, no BS. I think he has his total advance set to 34*, which is just about right for a fast-burn, high quench head. which, is what you would get when you shave a P90 down QUITE a bit, lol!~

Heres the info on the pistons from the other thread, BTW this was comparing against a stock DISHED pistons, as if I was comparing against a flat top stock piston, (P79) It comes out to 2.75 lbs total out of the recipicating mass!

Ok, so I wasnt totally sattisfied by the amount of mass I had scavanged out of the 3.1 forged pistons, so I took them back to the bridgeport, and started some more work on them, there still not as light as they could be, but frankly I am just running out of time, and it takes ALOT of time to do these procedures correctly to 7 pistons. But yea got them all finished and balenced within a half a gram :). Should finally be assembling this weekend! Ok, for the numbers, they are 320 grams, the pistons by them selves. Combining the pistons and pins I am right at about 150 grams lighter than a stock dished piston. thats what about 2.0 LBS out of the recipicating mass, WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!!.

pistonpics3.1stroker003.jpg