HybridZ

Are you a gear head?

Guest tony78_280z

Guest BiltWel

My worst story was un undercar experiance and involves the lid of the seam sealer, my wife, a set of hair clippers, and alot of pain. Ouch!! I need a rotisere BAD!!

Side note: I too use the blue nitrile gloves there great if anyone needs some I sell em on E-Bay.Just had to get that in there.lol

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ON3GO
"i had a girl tell me the other day i need to wash my hands... i told her i did and that there just staind and that she needs to lose weight."

that made my day

haha i remember the day i said that :D..

anyways i gotta show a girl i know this thread, then maybe she will see its not just me who has these problems.

with that said i have a new story that will make you guys laugh.

1st off i cant feel pain when i get a cut, like if somebody kicks me or hits me with something ill feel pain but not a cut, werid!

anyways... so one day at work i was working on a car with my then coworker, when i slip and cut my hand pretty bad on something in the cars engine bay. i say "dude check it out, thats pretty bad". sorta squeezed it some and showed him the mega bloody hand... hahaha he yelled "awww man get away" and started yelling, then go sick, then about fainted.

but yeah i always say "whats that????" while i point at the red fluid... yeah its blood... from me.

mike

In my younger days I tried all those things. Goop works well, dish soap is also OK, cleaning your hands in brake cleaner is definately a bad idea, especially if you're a smoker ;).

Now that I'm an old man (turned 30 this year) I wear gloves, the leather 'mechanix' gloves work great and give me something I can ask for at xmas that people will actually buy me. You never have enough, since they are always filthy and I only get to use our washing machine for shop rags a couple times a year.

But the best trick has got to be putting hand lotion on your hands BEFORE you work on the car. It fills in all those little nooks and cracks and makes it a lot easier to get your hands clean afterwords.

If you must clean something with brake cleaner, clean the engine compartment before you put your hand in there.

Guest tony78_280z
But the best trick has got to be putting hand lotion on your hands BEFORE you work on the car. It fills in all those little nooks and cracks and makes it a lot easier to get your hands clean afterwords.

nice, I'll try that!

After a long day working on my motorcycle I met up with a buddy to grab some dinner when he got off work changing tires. He wanted to grab some new pants so we shot over to the mall first. The counter girl at Miller's Outpost actually handed both of us a bottle of that no water hand sanitizer. We didn't know why at first and just gave her dumb stares. Needless to say, we didn't buy any pants.

I also leave cups and glasses in the garage, luckily no wife to gripe about it yet. But when I lived at home my mom used to get mad at me for stealing jars for parts washing and paint mixing. I remember she always used to yell at my dad for stealing her knives to cut random objects. It really hit the fan when she came across a butter knife that was flat at the tip- we had a shortage of Standard screwdrivers for some reason. Probably becuase we were always using them to stir coffee for him and cocoa for me.

I tried sticking some wrenches in the dishwasher one time. That didn't go over so well.

you're a gear head when.. You pull your car cover off after a few weeks and its almost like undressing your sweetheart. You'd rather taste motor oil and gear lube on you sandwiches than waste precious wrenching time washing your hands. Instead of family pictures, your mantel has a (had) a new polished blower drive on it. You've hidden measuring cups, utensils, turkey basters in the trash because you know who is going to find them covered with car gook. You stop your wife/ girlfriend in mid sentence and roll down the window so you can listen to a particularly nice exhaust note of the car hitting the onramp. John

You stop your wife/ girlfriend in mid sentence and roll down the window so you can listen to a particularly nice exhaust note of the car hitting the onramp.

Haha! I did that last night, there was a 50s Merc cruising next to us on Howe Ave. My girlfriend eventually gave up, kept quiet, and drove next to the car for as long as she could.

You stop your wife/ girlfriend in mid sentence and roll down the window so you can listen to a particularly nice exhaust note of the car hitting the onramp. John

That sounds like the new VW comercials with "My fast" guy taking to you from the back seat. Have you guys seen these, they are great. They all have this evil looking black troll like thing either in the back seat or passengers seat, the girl wants the windows roled up and "my Fast" says WINDOWS DOWN! WINDOWS DOWN! The guys says to the girl " I can't hear the engine with all that yakity yak." I want one of those "my fast" guys, my wife tried to find one but they don't make them, just a shirt for $20.

you're a gear head when.. You pull your car cover off after a few weeks and its almost like undressing your sweetheart. You'd rather taste motor oil and gear lube on you sandwiches than waste precious wrenching time washing your hands. Instead of family pictures, your mantel has a (had) a new polished blower drive on it. You've hidden measuring cups, utensils, turkey basters in the trash because you know who is going to find them covered with car gook. You stop your wife/ girlfriend in mid sentence and roll down the window so you can listen to a particularly nice exhaust note of the car hitting the onramp. John

I do the exhaust thing on a daily basis, she knows not to even bother talking once i roll the window down. And I agree with the sandwich thing, if I'm at work and im hungry, washing my hands doesn't stop me.

Brake Cleaner does a AWESOME job at cleaning your hands, just make sure to use something else like dawn or gojo afterwards, so that your hands don't turn to ash.

That sounds like the new VW comercials with "My fast" guy taking to you from the back seat. Have you guys seen these, they are great. They all have this evil looking black troll like thing either in the back seat or passengers seat, the girl wants the windows roled up and "my Fast" says WINDOWS DOWN! WINDOWS DOWN! The guys says to the girl " I can't hear the engine with all that yakity yak." I want one of those "my fast" guys, my wife tried to find one but they don't make them, just a shirt for $20.

Umm, I guess you have to see the commercial....:icon45: