HybridZ

Nissan Comp Header & exhaust

Wondering Nomad

I've been reading previous posts all weekend and I have done nothing but confuse myself even more.

Which header should I go with, the 1 5/8" or 1 3/4" primaries. I'm bolting them to a 3.0L with dual SUs. Also, if anyone has used these headers, how do you like them?

I'm thinking of running these headers through a Borla XR-1 as well. Is this going to be really loud?

Thanks for your input.

1-5/8 should take you comfortably to 300 hp, which you are nowhere near with SU's.

That's of course a recommendation based on no information other than displacement- we really need to know head work, cam, intended application, rpm range, blah blah blah.

1-5/8 should take you comfortably to 300 hp' date=' which you are nowhere near with SU's.

That's of course a recommendation based on no information other than displacement- we really need to know head work, cam, intended application, rpm range, blah blah blah.[/quote']

This is intended for a street application. I'm in the process of sourcing parts for the build. I'm having all my head work done by Slover's in North Hollywood and we haven't finalized the cam choice just yet. I'm looking at a totally rebuilt P90 head with all new internals.

Why the SU's on the stroker?

I've heard that they barely flow enough for stroker builds. Why not go tripples or even EFI?

Mario

Because Weber's are another $1500. I can spend half that on a set up rebuilt SM needle equipped Z-Therapy SUs. From what I've read, they should flow fine. EFI would be an option but I'd want to go with something other than a junkyard EFI setup and that too will be very expensive.

• 1 month later...
Wandering Nomad' date='

FYI, Dave Rebello sells custom 50mm SU's for around $800.00 (with cores). He puts these on his 3.0 L motors (when SU's are requested) that put out 285HP. Just thought you might like to know![/quote']

they have gotten over 300 crank hp out of the su motors.

• 3 weeks later...