HybridZ

393 Stroker V8 - Mount kit?

Guest Mpower280

Guest Mpower280

My name is Terry and I am a new member here. I need some help locating a well built V8 mount kit. I have a 1978 280z that will hopfully soon have a 393 Stroker pushing about 550hp when it complete. Do any of you guys have a new or used kit for sale that can compete with that much power? Any help will not go overlooked. Thank you.

Any help will not go overlooked. Thank you.

I find this, interesting.... Are you a King of some small land in old Europe? Will I gain the title of Duke or Earl if I assist you in your quest to stuff 550 hp of raw "393" power into your Z?

By the way, did you mean 383? If not what's the 393 based in, it's bore and stroke, etc?

Guest Mpower280

No, its a 383 bored out even larger. It came out of a Corvette. I'll have all the specs when MPG is finished assembling it. So I got JTR so far, it seems like a good set up, but does anyone know how close to the firewall it mounts?

Please use the search function, it will answer ALL of the questions you have now, and the ones you haven't even thought of....

http://forums.hybridz.org/search.php?

Also, take some time to read the site rules and save yourself some headaches later on: http://forums.hybridz.org/announcement.php?f=65&announcementid=2

From the original 265 to the 283, then 327, then 350, then 400 Gen I SBC and then to the LT1 Gen II, the blocks all have the same basic outer dimensions and mountings.

How far back to mount would be the same for all of these, (all things kept the same) except the LT1 makes it easier to go farther back since there's no distributor.

There's a common Furd 393 stroker from the 351, not heard of a 393 SBC setup.

I guess if you take a 350 block .060" over, and a 3.800" stroke crank (like GM uses in it's 383 crate engines), you'd get 393.56 cubic inches.