HybridZ

350z?

naplesZ

For the kinda money you guys are throwing around, I'd be looking at the used C5 Market. Best bang for the buck in a sports car in my opinion.

2003Z, You're in the best position to answer this since you now have a C6 and you had a 350Z... Can you give us some driving impressions of both in stock trim and form?

I know we're talking about 10K difference in a C6 and a comperably equipped 350Z, but it still provides some insight!

I personally like the 350Z now... Kinda grows on you, and I think it would be a good daily driver. It has its strengths and weaknesses, but all cars do. I know there are some pretty quick 350Zs at the many track events we go to. The potential is there for a good overall aftermarket/ customized sports car!

Mike

2003z that's kinda funny that you mentioned the g35. I emailed a guy who has a 2dr 2003 g35 in Germany for sale. I just have to find out If its possible for me to buy it and drive it down here. He's in the military up there and said that hes deploying to Iraq soon. He he's asking 30k obo. I think I would enjoy it but I don't know If I want to pay 30k for a soon to be 3yr old car. I could get a pretty much loaded s40 or Audi a4 for a little cheaper. Granted they are to different types of cars. I really don't know what I want to do. The biggest factor will probably be getting it financed. I make very good money but have a crappy fico score. Which is partially my fault but there is a bunch of crap that's on there that's not mine that I am trying to clean up. We will have to see what unfolds.

Thanks

Thanks 2003z I tried to look at the pictures but the site told me to register. Could you possibly post them here. The car sounds incredible. About it being closer. I live in Sicily Italy not Naples Florida. I used to live in Naples Italy and used to own a Z. As of now I going to try and hold off on a new car. Like most people on here I think of cars 24/7 and my plans change every day. I used to joke with my friend and wife buy saying " O yea I thought of car plan #973- 0r# 1,002,034" " I can do this get that so on an so on" Who knows what will happen.

B_so_sick -- my skyline is the base model. Think of it as rear wheel drive altima.

Again Thanks everyone for your replies

2003Z' date=' You're in the best position to answer this since you now have a C6 and you had a 350Z... Can you give us some driving impressions of both in stock trim and form?

Mike[/quote']

I still love the 350Z, but there is no comparison between it and the C6, at least for everyday driving. I haven't driven the C6 on the racetrack, other than a couple of high-speed charity laps at Atlanta Motor Speedway, where I found the C6 had your head pressed into the seatback all the way to 130 in 4th.

For daily driving,

Ride: the C6 has a better ride, the Z was a little bouncy sometimes. The C6 however, with its runflats, does take bumps a little harder.

Acceleration: C6 hands down. My Z had a stage 3 Stillen supercharger (Eaton M-62), and with drag slicks would run 12.8. I haven't run the C6, but magazine tests put it in the low 12s on street tires.

Liveability: C6 again, as the trunk area is much larger and useful. The 350Z has the strut brace across the back that looks beautiful, but really cuts the useful space.

Ease of entry/exit: 350Z here. With the top on the C6, its kind of hard to ingress/egress without rubbing against the seats. I'm short, so the seat is up a bit. This could also go to the Z because I had manual seats in it, and it was very quick and easy to move the seat back before getting out of the car, where with power C6 seats, it takes a couple seconds. I'll take manual seats any day.

Radio: Stock C6 radio blows away the Nissans, even the Nissan Bose of the touring model.

just my opinions.

details

Baumer's 2003 G35 Coupe 6MT For Sale - Black w/Tan, Mods

Well guys, I'll definitely be sad to see the G go but in the next month or two I am going to be buying another house so I am trying to free up some additional down payment money and lowering my monthly expenses. I've had a great time getting to know all you guys and attending G events over the past 3 years. It's hard to believe I've owned the car that long. I'm selling the car as is with all the mods on it.

Car Details

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT Black Obsidian with Willow Interior - Premium, Aero, Navigation Packages - Factory warranty remaining (59K miles presently) - The G35 has been entered in two car shows and won two trophies!! (1st and 2nd place). I am asking $32K for the car as is with all mods. Would be willing to drive to meet someone from out of town for delivery.

The G35 is fully loaded with every option from Infiniti. Options include: 225W Bose stereo w/6 disc changer, power sunroof, Homelink, auto headlamps, dual zone climate control, auto-dimming mirrors, rear spoiler, underbody diffusers, Navigation, trunk mat, body side molding. The navigation system has even been modified to play DVDs and PS2 games on the NAV screen.

The car was originally purchased brand new in November 2002. Since then the car has been meticulously cared for and maintained. The G35 presently has 59K miles on it. The G35 was serviced every 3750 miles at Infiniti of Huntsville using Mobil 1 oil. The interior and exterior of the car have been cleaned using a host of Zaino products. The paint is in excellent condition and has 12 coats of Zaino wax on it. There are only a couple touchup spots on front bumper of the car. The interior of the car is in flawless condition with no rips, tears or stains. The G35 is still covered under the factory warranty.

Modifications

Engine:

Borla True Dual Exhaust

Injen Cold Air Intake (black)

Unorthodox Racing Pulley Set (red)

Crawford V5 Plenum (black)

Altered Atmosphere Motorsports ECU Reflash

Z-Xtreme Grounding kit

Nismo Oil and Radiator dressup caps

JDM Battery cover

Brakes & Suspension:

Rotora 355mm four wheel big brake kit (red)

Volk Racing LE28N 19x9.5 & 19x10.5 wheels (gloss black)

BFGoodrich KDW2 255/35/19 and 285/35/19 tires

Nissan wheel locks

Eibach Prokit springs

Kinetix Racing Camber rods

Kinetix Racing Traction arms

SPC Toe Bolts

Exterior & Interior:

Debadged G35 emblem

JDM Nissan clear corners

Lumar 35% tint

Rolled rear fenders

AV Electronics NAV-TV unit

Sony PlayStation2 and Logitech wireless controller

Nismo Ti shift knob

350Z aluminum pedals

I got rid of the runflats for that very reason. I drive my C5 as often as possible only because of the fun factor and the feul efficiency! :2thumbs: Turning something like 430@ the crank makes for fun commuting for sure. My C5 has the full power package and I use the program for easy seat entry (I'm short at about 5'9" as well) to help getting into and out of the C5, not sure about the C6, but I bet it is similar... Can be difficult with the seat adjusted in the memory position for me...

For the money, you can't beat that car, new or used... :2thumbs:

Mike

My C5 has the full power package and I use the program for easy seat entry (I'm short at about 5'9" as well) to help getting into and out of the C5' date=' not sure about the C6, but I bet it is similar... Can be difficult with the seat adjusted in the memory position for me...

For the money, you can't beat that car, new or used... :2thumbs:

Mike[/quote']I didn't get all that fancy stuff with mine, just one step above base and the Z51 package.

Guest bastaad525
For the kinda money you guys are throwing around' date=' I'd be looking at the used C5 Market. Best bang for the buck in a sports car in my opinion.

2003Z, You're in the best position to answer this since you now have a C6 and you had a 350Z... Can you give us some driving impressions of both in stock trim and form?

I know we're talking about 10K difference in a C6 and a comperably equipped 350Z, but it still provides some insight!

I personally like the 350Z now... Kinda grows on you, and I think it would be a good daily driver. It has its strengths and weaknesses, but all cars do. I know there are some pretty quick 350Zs at the many track events we go to. The potential is there for a good overall aftermarket/ customized sports car!

Mike[/quote']

Never thought of that before but now that I do I kinda agree... for the price of a new Z a used C5 offers a very well rounded and very capable sports can that can be driven every day comfortably and with no issue. Also beautiful, better looking than the Z IMO. Hell thinking about it that way I wonder if I couldn't have found a decent used C5 for what I paid for my SRT-4? Heh... probably not :P I hope not... I'll be kicking myself HARD.

EDIT: okay... guess I get to commence to kicking...

just checked cars.com... PLENTY of used C5's in there, '99-01's, moderate mileage like 40-50k range, many of them convertibles and most 6 spd manuals, all for less than $25,000.... which was my price cap when I went car shopping and bought my SRT-4.

thanks Mikelly... I'm thoroughly pissed at myself now, and have just instantaneously gone from loving to despising my new car.

*gets started on warm up stretches for pounding foot to own *** for the next several hours*

:lmao: Bastaad, A lot of guys overlook the C5 because they think it is to expensive or the insurance will kill them... I bet the insurance on a C5 would be about the same as your SRT4 Neon, a 350Z, or any other "sports" car! :2thumbs:

I got my 99C5 for $17900 two years ago, have put over 24000 miles on it, done 8 track days, upgraded a bunch of suspension, brakes, the motor, the rear diff, and completely wired in a custom 1500Watt stereo system. I"ve got receipts for just under $28000 total (Purchase price of the car included in that $28K) for everything including the new motor and upgrades!

It is truly a world class sports car, and as good as it is, One ride in a C6 made me want to sell it and upgrade! :lmao: They are THAT MUCH better! :2thumbs:

Still the best $28000 I've spent! :2thumbs:

We'll be giving test rides in it at this coming Zcar bash on the 3rd! :-)

Mike :cool:

:lmao: Bastaad, A lot of guys overlook the C5 because they think it is to expensive or the insurance will kill them... I bet the insurance on a C5 would be about the same as your SRT4 Neon, a 350Z, or any other "sports" car! :2thumbs:
My insurance went down $200/year switching from the 350z to the C6.

The 350Z is still a toad to me, styling wise. I like the G35 looks better.

Both are too heavy IMO.

A C5 is too big of a 2 seater for my tastes. Too hard to see out of. I guess I'd get used to it.

No one makes a 2 seat sports car that I'd want.

I'd have to build my own :) The C5 comes closer though - much closer than a 350Z toad. The C6 would be my first choice for a new 2 seat sports car at that price range.

Too bad GM screwed the pooch on the Solstice. 400 lbs more than it should have been.

Do the C5, IMO.