HybridZ

California Ontario anyone ??

Vintage-TechZ

Well the Autobacs store was unimpressive to state the least and I'm sure in its entry stateside some time ago it was more of a Japan market representation.....now days its a glorified Autozone with some somewhat rare books and decent exhaust and seat selections,some audio if your into that too.

Zhadman and I enjoyed most of the evening at RB Motoring with a fellow Z enthusiast and then off to eat some good Italian food .

I raced back on the 605 and then 10 to Ontario....about 35-40 minutes at 80-85 mph.

Gotta get some rest to get up at AM to do it again because Zhadman and I are off to San Diego to meet up with AQUIKZ ?...Brian to look at his early Skyline project.

Finally managed to meet up with some of you guys.....Its been great. I leave off back home on the morning of the 5th.

Thanks for everyones hospitallity......I hope I can return some day soon.

.....................Vinny

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been sick all day from eating bad meat on Friday night. Theres a 510 swap meet at Nissan headquarters tommorow (actually today). If i feel ok, im gonna head over there.

UFO SoCal All-Datsun Swap Meet -- at Nissan Corporate headquarters. (18501 S. Figueroa St in Gardena CA. 90248. Where the 110 and the 405 freeways meet.) All Datsun owners are invited. Swap meet starts at 10a.m. and goes until 2pm.

Cost: $5 sellers, $1 buyers

ABSOLUTELY NO burnouts, NO alcohol and NO racing! If we don't screw this up maybe they will let us back in.

For more information, contact Randy York at 818-546-1851

Ok guys ...here's just a few pix with some of the guys I met while in SOCAL..( Ontario,San Diego,Long Beach, City of Industry etc.Sorry about the dark images,not yet used to this new camera.

Here's the rental car which I have to say the Mercedes platform was evident at HWY speeds.

Socal_pix_Nov_05_063.jpg

The AUTOBACS sudo performance store in Long Beach. We had almost as much fun just watching the customers outside in the parking lot ! lol.

Socal_pix_Nov_05_129.jpg

Here's Dave (Violacleff) and Bart ( Bartman) outside at Dave & Buster's Ontario after eats. Great guys.

Socal_pix_Nov_05_066.jpg

That shot is dark.....here's Dave who rode up with Bart in his newly LS-1'd Z (Bart in 2nd pix)hmm....devil eyes, thats my fault !lol Socal_pix_Nov_05_069.jpg

Socal_pix_Nov_05_067.jpg

Here's Zhadman (Keith) chatting with RB Motoring's Sean Morris( on right ) about our RB builds.Keith is thinking high rev's ...SWEEEEEEET ! City of Industry CA.

Socal_pix_Nov_05_085.jpg

Here's Brian( AKWIKZ) talking about his favorite subject ( other than his son) his 71' Skyline Hakosuka waiting for it's RB26DETT swap !

Socal_pix_Nov_05_178.jpg

Socal_pix_Nov_05_179.jpg

Here's a sea of rare JDM wheels for sale at RB Motoring @( 626-961-9213 )

Socal_pix_Nov_05_100.jpg

Here's a RB-Z motley crew in San Diego...Brian and son, Tim and Keith (Zhadman)

Socal_pix_Nov_05_174.jpg

Great quality of folks I was lucky enough to meet face to face. Great personal projects too !Certainly one of the best trips I've had due to these guys and the great hosting of Zhadman for having me as wheelman.

All I can say is I hope more of you get together......you're missing out on great freinds here.

Best Holiday wishes.....Vinny

Ok guys ...here's just a few pix with some of the guys I met while in SOCAL.

Socal_pix_Nov_05_066.jpg

Great pics Vince... wish the hell I were there with ya'll.... Tell me about that air dam in this pic... is it attached? or just slid under the front.. hehe That suckers low...

Looks good though!!

Thanks again for all the pics.

j.

Great pics Vince... wish the hell I were there with ya'll.... Tell me about that air dam in this pic... is it attached? or just slid under the front.. hehe That suckers low...

Looks good though!!

Thanks again for all the pics.

j.

Haahaha ! No.....its REALLY on there. Its the Kamineari glass damn that is pretty rare. Barts was actually new old stock he'd ran across and had just installed for pre-fit paint.

By the way ..I ate a few burgers for you while I was there...and it shows' date='oh boy.lol.

You'd have enjoyed the 71'Hakouska that Brian is working on.He knows more about those cars than anyone I've met yet !I can't wait to see it finished !

That Charger rental car was the first American mid-priced steel I felt like complimenting in years.Really held the road great.

Her'es some pix at March air field museum in Riverside.

[img']http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/medium/Socal_pix_Nov_05_002.jpg[/img]

Socal_pix_Nov_05_031.jpg

Socal_pix_Nov_05_025.jpg

.................enjoy,Vinny

I just won one of those Kanimari front air dams of Ebay last week and got it today.... guess what.. it don't fit cause of my biga$$ I/C... wanta buy it?? :redface:

Hell Joel......its Fiberglass.........hack and mod it too your needs. Or mark on it and send it to me to get it right. I already have one of them on the shelf for study, They are made pretty good.

The lines could use some massaging to look just right on our fender wells but still a nice part.

.............Vinny

It was a good time... We also met up with karay240 (Ken) and his wife... and had a blast. Oh, if you guys could hear some of the conversations we had! They're probably not suited for public forums!

Socal_pix_Nov_05_069.jpg

Bart be looking pretty evil with that goatee and those glowing red eyes... But he's probably one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet... perhaps it's all a ruse, Bart?

Bart be looking pretty evil with that goatee and those glowing red eyes... But he's probably one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet... perhaps it's all a ruse, Bart?
I didn't realize the picture was going to reveal my secret. I thought some of you might realize the truth if you looked at my personal profile (something to do with 6's :icon52::confused2 ).

Z_engine_002.jpg

The air dam isn't as low as it appears in the picture that Vinny posted above, but I think it is a higher quality product than most of the other one's you'll find out there.

P.S. - My engine is an LT-1, not an LS-1

I didn't realize the picture was going to reveal my secret. I thought some of you might realize the truth if you looked at my personal profile (something to do with 6's :icon52::confused2 ).

Z_engine_002.jpg

The air dam isn't as low as it appears in the picture that Vinny posted above' date=' but I think it is a higher quality product than most of the other one's you'll find out there.

P.S. - My engine is an LT-1, not an LS-1[/quote']

OOOps ! Sorry Bart....LT-1 it is and I can't believe I turned off the "red eye" feature somehow.DOH !

Really glad you guys made the effort.Zhadman has a theory on the "effort" and I think I concur.I'll let him explain if willing.

I guess since I messed up twice for you Bart, I could at least post a pic of your nice engine bay ??

Socal_pix_Nov_05_065.jpg

Nice Cusco strut tower brace too !

Socal_pix_Nov_05_070.jpg

Ok Bart.......I feel abit better now.Although my pix of Zhadman's RB-Z turned out way too dark....again my faulty knowledge of the new camera again ! Geez.

These were the few that are decent.One of his RB-Z mocked up.

Socal_pix_Nov_05_049.jpg

Zhad's welded fender extension prior to body work. And the schweeet CCW's and long studs with MMS's hubs,mmmm !

Socal_pix_Nov_05_052.jpg

.................Vinny 8)

Thanks Vinny, the engine bay will be looking quite a bit different in the not too distant future. Don't want to give away everything...but the SLP Firehawk Ram Air system I have sitting in my garage along with my Bower's Low Hood Style compressor relocation kit might be involved.

Again, it was really a pleasure meeting and talking with you. You have a great deal of knowledge and experience (Z and non-Z).

Thanks Vinny' date=' the engine bay will be looking quite a bit different in the not too distant future. Don't want to give away everything...but the SLP Firehawk Ram Air system I have sitting in my garage along with my Bower's Low Hood Style compressor relocation kit might be involved.

Again, it was really a pleasure meeting and talking with you. You have a great deal of knowledge and experience (Z and non-Z).[/quote']

I know its hard to drag ourselves outside of our comfort zone sometimes, and in THAT......I'd just like to say again thanks for everyones hospitality and effort getting together.Reaffirmation to why this site caters to great personality types and just generally good folk !

Hope I didn't rattle on too much !?lol.

.................Vinny

Great pics Vinny! I had a lot of fun in ontario with you guys. Glad to finally see and ride in Bart's Z. Your knowledge in z's and bodywork blew me away! Hope meetings like this can happen more often. And hopefully next time my car will be running properly.

Thanks Dave ! Your a truly good guy. I wish you the best with your ride.It was really cool things worked out for us. Most of my trips all of my time is spent in the field,even on weekends. I'm glad I stole away this time.

I amazed no one has mentioned yet how much I talk ( ie; motormouth) lol.......Keith ? You guys have too nice of manners.lol.

.............Vinny 8)