HybridZ

Where to buy R33 rb26

ZT-R

The two engines are practically the same with the exception of the clutch layout (push vs pull) and oil pump (and you want to replace that anyway with at least an N1 unit).

In fact, all three late model RB26's are pretty much the same with the exception of the N1's.....

Why the desire for an R33 vs 2?

Something I'm missing?

As a reference, Nissan in Japan sells RB26 engines factory rebuilt for $4500 incl turbines, new tranny for $710. That was when I checked and the Yen rate was 107....its around 120 now....

The standard oil pump on both the R32 and R33 have/had flow issues. For any build over 450HP, changing the oil pump is standard.

As for size difference between the oil pump drives...being specific, sure.

Haven't seen any crankwalk issues with the R32....have quite a few friends running 600+ WHP on the standard 32 crank. I'm only running ~420 WHP, and haven't had any problems in 15,000 street miles and almost 23 hours on the track.

R32 has a small oil pump drive on the crank, R33 was redesigned wider. Thats what the problem is, not the oil pump...

Wasn't the R33 crank stronger than the R32? Was it a crankwalk problem? or was it the oil pump drive problem?

The standard oil pump on both the R32 and R33 have/had flow issues. For any build over 450HP' date=' changing the oil pump is standard.

As for size difference between the oil pump drives...being specific, sure.

Haven't seen any crankwalk issues with the R32....have quite a few friends running 600+ WHP on the standard 32 crank. I'm only running ~420 WHP, and haven't had any problems in 15,000 street miles and almost 23 hours on the track.[/quote']

I don't know about crank walk on the R32 crank vs the R33, but its possible thats what causes the R32 motors to die. If they do indeed walk a fraction, thats all it taks to disengage from the oil pump because thats all the small drive flats reach into the oil pump on the R32 crank.

99% of the R32's I read about on all the Ausie sites that die due to oil issues were determined after motor was removed and taken apart, that the oil pump drive either cracked in the oil pump, or disengaged from the crank due to it being to small a drive on the crank, so go figure...

Sure the after market pumps provide better oil flow (thats why I spent the dough on a Greddy oil pump) and are needed if your going to run the car on the road course with lots of G's to cause oil starvation (baffled sump needed also) but for the avarage rebuild for those that will just see street duty, the oem pump will do fine.

If you have the R33 long oil pump drive crank, and a new oil pump, you should'nt have any oil pump issues on a fresh rebuilt street motor kept under 8500 rpm...