HybridZ

Maxima brackets

I know; everyone is already to jump on the search wagon ,and I have searched.What I want to know is; has anyone CUT the maxima brackets off instead of pulling stubs and was there any problems with that. I am going to the JY and I would think it would be cheaper to have them cut-off the brackets then pull. Since the MM and MSA brackets are only 3 bolts I would think it would not affect the integrity too badly .

Sorry I pulled them. No big deal. Slide hammer assist.

I agree. Unlike the Z cars, the early Maxima did not peen the 27mm securing nut on the stub axle. A locking nut was used instead. Removing the peened nut is probably half the work involved in pulling a stub axle.

So, all you need is a stout breaker bar and a slide hammer axle puller (that you can probably rent).

I know; everyone is already to jump on the search wagon ,and I have searched.What I want to know is; has anyone CUT the maxima brackets off instead of pulling stubs and was there any problems with that. I am going to the JY and I would think it would be cheaper to have them cut-off the brackets then pull. Since the MM and MSA brackets are only 3 bolts I would think it would not affect the integrity too badly .

I would think that cutting the stock Maxima caliper brackets would be fine! Just do a clean job of it. Like the other brackets you mentioned, they use only three mounting bolts as opposed to four. It will certainly make installation time less. By the way, when was the last time you checked the rear bearings and seals...now would be the time to do them!