HybridZ

source for dynamat or substitute

zliminator

I want to dynamat under the back hatch of my project Z and I was wondering where a good source of it is. I looked in http://www.mcmaster.com around page 3270 (put it in the search window) and found all kinds of sound-absorbing info and materials. I have some loud 3" flowmasters and want to try to tone it down some (for those inside anyway).

Dan

So according to Don Sambrook at the "Sound Deadener Showdown" it appears as though all of the asphalt based deadeners are subject to adhesion failure if the temperature get too hot, like 160 degrees or above for several hours. That included "Brown Bread, Fat Mat, and Dynamat original". The Butyl based products and the butyl with asphalt filler looked like they would be ok. He talked me out of the "Peel and Seal" concept and into the high quality products for lasting results.

It only makes sense. I only want to do this once. "Second Skin" deadeners will be my choice.