HybridZ

Amazing F1 video

Drax240z

Guest tom sixbey

that has got to be the best race i have ever seen in my life! amazing... Those two were side to side through half the video!

thanks for posting that

A little more information...

Gilles Villeneuve was a truly talented driver. This particular battle was for 2nd place in the race by the way. From what I've read the Ferrari he was driving at the time was the slower car, and his tires were far beyond the 'normal' point of maximum wear.

That first pass of his outbreaking Arnoux into the turn blows me away.

More info and better videos can be found at: http://www.farzadsf1gallery.com/dijon79.html

"The duel with Gilles is something I'll never forget," said Arnoux afterward. "You can only race like that, you know, with someone you trust completely, and you don't meet many like him. He beat me, yes and in France, but it didn't worry me … I knew I'd been beaten by the best driver in the world."

Yes!! Finally got the video. And after 5 times I still can't get enough. Awesome. I think the best thing F1 could do to increase the passing is award points for qualifying, and then invert the field similar to what Trans-Am did several years back.

That has got to be the most incredible driving I've ever seen! Just watching those cars react to inputs put goose bumps all over!

Who says there's no passing in F1!? I don't know how much time was cut out of that video, but I counted 4 passes!

rockon.gifrockon.gif

Guest SuperDave

Yes, I'm dying for some F1 racing. One of these years there'll be some. I hope I live long enough; I'm already in my 40's.

In the meantime, there's always Nascar.

I went to see the F1 at Indy in 2000 and will be there this year. Unreal is the only word for them fast. :D

TAKE EARPLUGS. 2thumbs.gif They are loud, I have seen several cart races twice as many imsa races throw in a nascar and a few top fuel. Nothing prepared me for the sound, the shriek just goes right through you. It's great.

Don

early 40s also