HybridZ

My RB is in

z_cars_rule

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll probably want to go with the 4.11 rear in the car. It will give you a better launch, and good on road characteristics. Should knock off over 1 sec from your time.

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to fit the 26 intake on the 25, with out some serious fab work. That intake looks custom, or may be JUN, MINES, GREEDY, ect............

i have a 1984 nissan maxima .. datsun maxima i should say! rwd... it comes with a 2.4 liter inline 6 l-series .. you all probably know that! also the other cool thing is it is a front sump motor like the rb.. and xmember looks similar to a z but just for a front sump .. anyways i think it would be sweet to toss a rb20det into that thing .. it has irs and rear disc. i also put a 4:11 r200 in it. problem is i never see anyone drifting or racing those things. i have searched all around under datsun 810 datsun maxima .. dont find verry much. anyways another thing is when i pulled the motor from the maxima the soft motor mounts looked identical to rb20det rubber mounts .. it was werid :P

Sorry guys... Is my question really that dumb? My motivation to do this RB swap just went down. <--EMO... hahah.

All of the RB's have the same block. you need the mounts from a 200ZR (JDM 300ZX) to drop it into the S30. But this does not mount the engine in the ideal location. There are several posts on this subject already. :search:

All of the RB's have the same block. you need the mounts from a 200ZR (JDM 300ZX) to drop it into the S30. But this does not mount the engine in the ideal location. There are several posts on this subject already. :search:

Yeah thats what I mentioned before on the other page. the static weight might be ideal, but I have read that the kenetic weight (into the corners) cause the car to understeer because of the center on gravity being high.

The big problem is the the S30's aerodynamics SUCK :cry2: in a big way. So the car is inherently unstable to begin with at speed. The lower you can make the CG the better. Rick Wong and Q (240Z Master) both make mounts for the S30 that will put the engine as low as possible. But I think the Q is still refining his design.

The big problem is the the S30's aerodynamics SUCK :cry2: in a big way. So the car is inherently unstable to begin with at speed. The lower you can make the CG the better. Rick Wong and Q (240Z Master) both make mounts for the S30 that will put the engine as low as possible. But I think the Q is still refining his design.

The mounts are pretty much done, just have to finish getting them made from my guy, which is taking a lot longer than usual.

• 11 months later...
I really really want to get this thing on the road. The car misses walking on Hondas.

Q my man, how's your baby doing? Didn't you finish it before I went to Iraq? What have you done to it since? I though you only need to tune the FC or did you have other issues? anyways brother I'm here in LA for a while and then back to my northern cave...